Chapter Thirty Eight

"Can we talk in private?", Remus whispered to Sirius. Sirius nodded. "I know a place.". 

They opened the secret passageway next to the trophies, and they closed it. 

"Sirius, I can't even describe how sorry I am. Please forgive me.", Remus pleadd, staring at Sirius with big amber eyes. 

"I forgive you, you giant.", Sirius sighed. 

"Wanna make out?", Sirius asked. 

"I thought you'd never ask.", Remus grinned.

So they did.

"I want a nickname.", Sirius said. "Like what?", Remus asked. 

"I'll get back to you.", Sirius smiled. He felt in his pockets for his cigarettes, patting his pockets. Sirius swore. "What's wrong?", Remus asked, concerned. "Prongs took my cigarettes.", Sirius hissed, sitting down. 

"He's only trying to get you to stop.", Remus sympathized, cupping Sirius' face in his hands. 

Sirius stared at Remus, his breath catching. 

"What's wrong?", Remus asked. "You're beautiful.", Sirius said. 

"I think that's you, shortstop.", Remus teased. 

"Wow, ruining the moment, giant.", Sirius giggled. 

Light flooded through the tunnel. 

"Reg?", Sirius asked, squinting his eyes. 

"Oh. Er, am I interrupting something?", Regulus asked, a figure behind him. 

"Close the door first.", Sirius commanded. 

"Barty?", Remus asked. 

"Halfblood.", Barty sneered at Remus. 

Sirius pulled his wand out. "Get out.", he threatened. 

"Barty!", Regulus scolded. 

"Sorry. Gotta get used to that.", he shrugged. 

Sirius eyed him warily. "What're you doing? How did you know about this tunnel?", he asked. "I need to talk to you about something, and I followed you in here.", Regulus said nervously. 

"Something about your Lord Voldemort?", Sirius sneered. "Sirius.", Remus whispered, comfortingly. 

"No, Sirius, can you shut your big mouth for a second?", Regulus asked, rolling his eyes. 

Sirius opened his mouth to protest, but stopped after a glare from Remus. 

"I- er, I'm dating someone.", Regulus said sheepishly. 

Sirius snorted. "Which cousin?".

Remus looked at Barty knowingly, who nodded apprehensively. 

"Sirius, I'm gay.", Regulus said quietly.

Sirius' mouth dropped open. "Oh.", he said. "Come here.", he said, pulling Regulus in for a hug. "This is the lucky bastard?", he asked, looking Barty up and down. "Stop it.", Regulus blushed. 

Sirius laughed. "Kinda ironic, you think?". 

Regulus looked at him. "Both Black brothers are gay disasters.", Sirius laughed, grabbing Remus' hand. 

"Oh. You're with him?", Regulus asked. "Please don't tell anyone.", Sirius said, biting his bottom lip. Regulus nodded. "Remus, can I talk to you?", Regulus asked. Remus looked at Sirius, before Regulus steered him away.