Chapter One Hundred Twenty Two

a/n: thank you guys so much for 12.4k !! i love all of your comments & i will get around to answering them all. 

tw blood 

end of november, full moon

James and Sirius had just been discharged, and Remus and Lily pushed their wheelchairs out. "Moons, I can walk. Your knees are going to be sore, the moon's tonight.", Sirius insisted.

Remus shook his head, gritting his teeth as he shook off the pain in his knee. "You're the one who's had a surgery, I'll be fine.", he said lightly, laughing it off.

Lily pushed James in the wheelchair, fussing over him. "Potter, are you sure you're okay? Do you need me to go slower?", she asked. "Lily, it's fine. Promise.", he said weakly, offering a smile at her.

"Pete, tell her.", he said. "Yeah, it- it looks like the right speed?", Peter said, confused.

flat - that night

"Moons, I promise I'm feeling so much better. I can come tonight.", Sirius pleaded. "You're not even supposed to stand.", Remus said gently.

"We can come, we'll be careful.", James insisted, as Peter nodded along. "Next time, I promise.", Remus sighed.

Lily pursed her lips, trying to think of a solution. "It's okay, it's just one more night.", Remus nodded.

"Do you want anything to eat?", Peter asked, standing up. "Maybe just tea.", Remus said, wincing at the pain in his knees. Peter nodded, busying himself in the kitchen.

"You okay?", Sirius asked gently, noticing the wince on Remus' face. "Yeah.", Remus lied, forcing a smile on his face, as he sipped the hot tea.

"At least let me help you to the shed.", Lily offered, twisting her hands together nervously as she looked at him. Remus hesitated, but then nodded.

"Don't come in the shed, I don't want to-", Remus started, "Pete, you stay here with these two.", he said, before Peter could protest.

"Moony, be careful.", James said, locking his eyes on Remus'. "I'll try.", Remus said weakly. He bent down, kissing Sirius gently, "I love you."

"I love you too, mon chou.", Sirius said, his face etched with concern.

mary & alex's flat

Mary waved her wand, starting the crackling fire, sitting on the couch with Alex. He rested his head on his shoulder, snuggling into her. "What's wrong?", he asked quietly.

"Just worried. It's the full moon tonight.", Mary swallowed, looking outside. "I told James that we would go over tomorrow, in case they need help.", Alex said lightly.

Mary nodded, drinking a sip of water.

marlene & dorcas' flat

"Do you want kids?", Dorcas asked, her voice filling the silence of the room. "Kids?", Marlene asked, her blue eyes wide. Dorcas nodded nervously.

"I mean- could we adopt? I'm not too keen on the idea of giving birth.", Marlene laughed nervously. Dorcas grinned, "Yeah, me neither."

"After the war, then?"

"After the war.", Marlene smiled, grabbing Dorcas' hand, kissing her gently. Dorcas' hairclip began flashing, and she groaned. "Sorry, Marls, I'll be back soon. I love you.", she said, kissing her.

"Bye. I love you, too.", Marlene sighed, watching her go.

shed

Lily helped Remus through the woods, wincing as his foot cracked. "Do you want to stop for a while?", she asked softly. Sweat shone all over Remus' face as he gritted his teeth, shaking his head. "We don't have enough time, we can keep going."

"Remus-"

"Please, if you ask me again I won't be able to say no.", Remus choked out. Lily swallowed, and they continued. Remus leaned against the cold metal shed, as Lily cast the spells, opening the shed door.

She stood on her tiptoes, kissing his cheek. "Please be safe, Remus.", she said, tears clinging on to her eyelashes. "Thanks, Lily. I'll try my best.", he said tiredly, hugging her, before closing the shed door.

Remus fell against the metal door, waiting for Lily's footsteps to fade away before letting out a scream of agony, the metallic taste of blood filling his mouth as the transformation began.

flat

Sirius paced around the flat, wincing occasionally at the stitch in his side. "Sirius, sit down, you're going to make it worse.", Lily sighed. "He didn't say anything about his knee?", James asked.

"No, but you know how he is.", Lily said quietly. "We need to make sure to get up at the crack of dawn, that way we can help him with anything he needs.", Peter said, furrowing his brow.

james & lily's room

"Do you want me to sleep on the couch?", Lily asked gently. "What? No.", James said, bewildered.

"Your stomach, I don't want to accidentally kick you in the stomach, you know I move around in my sleep."

"It's fine, Lily, promise.", James said, his mouth quirking up at the corners. Lily put her head in the crook of his shoulder, sighing.

"Is this okay?", James asked gently, waiting for her nod, before he put her arm around her.

"Yeah.", Lily said, "This is okay."

next morning

Sirius was the first one up, wincing at the pain he had gotten used to in his stomach, rushing to wake up James, Lily, and Peter.

"Sirius, you'll eat when we get back?", Peter asked lightly, and Sirius hesitated, but nodded after a beat.

"Good.", James said, a smile etching on his face.

"I'll stay here, get the first aid kit ready.", Lily said, furrowing her brow.

The three of them headed out of the flat, running through the woods. "He'll be okay.", James said, as they reached the shed. "He will.", Peter nodded, his voice shaky. Sirius closed his eyes tightly, almost as if he were praying, before turning the handle of the door.

Sirius entered first, the others following behind him. Sirius crouched beside Remus on the ground, taking a sharp breath.

Remus wasn't as bad as last time, but still pretty bad. Sirius winced as he looked at the various bruises, furrowing his brow. "I think his ankle's broken.", James said quietly, looking at his arm, as Peter nodded.

There was a cut on Remus' cheekbone, a thick slice of red, the blood reddening his pale cheek, and another cut splitting his lip. "Should we wake him?", Peter whispered, "Or carry him inside and heal him?"

"Let's not wake him up.", Sirius said firmly, waving his wand as Remus was levitated slowly in the air, the other two boys casting the concealment charm over him.