Chapter One Hundred Twenty Seven

later

Remus hadn't woken up still, so the Healers couldn't do anything until he did. James had fallen asleep, his chest heaving up and down with ragged breaths.

Lily reached over, taking off his glasses and setting them down on the side table.

There was a knock at the door, and Euphemia and Fleamont walked into the hospital, worry evident on their faces. "He just went to sleep.", Sirius said, hugging the both of them, Lily doing the same.

"How is he?", Euphemia asked, looking at James, and then Remus, the blood draining from her face.

"James is better, Remus is..", Sirius said, trailing off.

"Remus hasn't woken up yet. But he will soon.", Lily said, mustering a forced smile.

"My poor boys.", Fleamont whispered, letting out a grunt as he sat down.

The healer walked in, with two nurses following her. The four of them looked at her, waiting for some good news.

"I'm Rami, I'll be working on your friends.", the healer with the curly hair said, locking eyes with each of them.

"Mr. Potters' ulnar vein has popped, on both of his wrists. We had to put some healing potion on the bandages. After he's completely awake, we'll stitch it back up. But there are chances he could bleed out, but we will monitor him closely.", Rami explained.

Lily looked down, swallowing, as Rami continued.

"Mr. Lupin's case is... more complicated. Werewolf attacks always are, but thankfully, he's already a werewolf, they couldn't turn him.", Rami explained.

"This werewolf attacked from different points. On his cheek, the posterior auricular artery is torn. There's also a lot of flesh loss on that side of his face, and he'll be in extensive facial repair. Our way will be faster than the Muggles, but it will be painful. His elbow will be a little less painful."

"His face will scar. His torso, though, is where the wolf seemed to attack mainly. There's quite a lot of shredded flesh there, this will be the most painful recovery."

"When will they wake up?", Sirius asked quietly.

"Mr. Potter will wake up soon, but we're not sure about Mr. Lupin.", Rami said, "I'm just going to bandage up Mr. Lupin, so that his wounds don't get infected, nothing else until he wakes up. He'll be in some pain, so try not to hug him.

Rami pulled out the bandages, using her wand to wrap them around Remus' wounds.

"We'll do our best to make sure they're healed and healthy.", Rami said gently, before leaving the room.

"What happened?", Fleamont asked, looking at Lily and Sirius.

"Greyback.", was all Sirius said, his eyes blank. Euphemia pressed a hand to her mouth.

"Dad?", James croaked, wincing as he shifted his weight, "Mum?"

James squirmed as his parents fussed over him, mouthing Help to Lily, who smiled softly. "Has Remus?-", he started, turning to Sirius, who shook his head.

"I'm going after Greyback.", Sirius said, venom injected in his voice, his eyes angry.

"Sirius-", Fleamont started.

"It's too dangerous.", Euphemia said, her voice failing to keep steady.

"When Remus wakes up, he'll want you here.", Lily said quietly. "I could be back before he does-", Sirius protested weakly.

"He'll hurt you, Padfoot.", James said, locking eyes with Lily. "It's not fair.", Sirius said, his voice shaky, "It's not fucking fair-"

"I know.", James said softly, "I know.".