Chapter Sixty Five

boltknoxs' office

"Sir?", Remus asked, sitting down. "Remus, I just wanted to say what a pleasure it has been to have you in my class this year.", he said kindly, as Remus began coughing into his handkerchief.

"Thank you sir.", Remus smiled. "So, you are in the Order?", he asked carefully.

"I am sir, I plan to fight after I graduate.", Remus said quietly. "I'm going on a mission. Tomorrow.", the professor said quietly. Remus' eyes widened.

"Where?", he asked. "Remus, listen. No one outside of the Order is to know.", he said sternly. "Of course, sir, I won't tell anyone.", Remus nodded.

"I'm going to the werewolf colonies.", he said quietly. "With-- with Greyback?", Remus asked, his breath catching in his throat.

"Yes. They are on You-Know-Who's side, and I am being sent to try and convince them.", he explained.

Remus was quiet, just looking up at him. "Which is why I called you in here.", the professor continued.

"I might not make it back.", he said, regretfully. "No, you will. You have to.", Remus said, standing up. "This is war, my boy.", Boltknox said firmly.

"Which is why I am leaving all of my money to you.", the professor continued. "Why me?", Remus asked, shocked.

"Remus, I believe you have great potential to teach, here at Hogwarts. If you ever need a letter of recommendation, I will, if I make it out alive.", he snorted.

"Thank you, Professor.", Remus said, his voice cracking as he reached down to hug him.

"Now, don't shed tears over me. If I die, I die doing the right thing.", the Professor said wisely, wrapping his arms around him.

dorm room

"Moony, why did Professor want to see you?", James asked, as Remus walked in. "He's going on a mission for the Order.", Remus said, closing the door.

"The Order?", Peter asked, shock on his face. Remus nodded, "the werewolf colonies.", he continued.

"Colonies? Isn't that where Greyback is?", James asked, alarmed. Remus nodded, again, "He said he wasn't sure if he'd make it out.", Remus said, his voice breaking on the last word.

"Oh, Moony.", Sirius whispered, hugging him. "He also left all of his money to me.", Remus said, as if he still didn't believe it.

"Whoa, that's--.", James gasped. "Yeah.", Remus said quietly.

"Sirius, I went up to the Owlery. Letter for you.", Lily said opening the door.

"Me?", Sirius frowned, taking the letter from her. He looked at the Black family seal and rolled his eyes.

"I thought I 'wasn't to keep in contact'?", Sirius smirked, but his heart was beating loudly.

He ripped the envelope open, reading the paper.

Boy,

I wanted to be the one to inform you that your brother, Regulus, has taken the oath of the House Of Black. He is now the heir. Unfortunately, to officially disown you, I need a picture of you. Naturally, I burned the ones I had, and I have no intent of seeing you, so send one to this address.

Walburga Black.

"Sirius?", Lily asked, shaking Sirius out of his stupor. He shook his head. "Sorry.", he said, handing the letter to James wordlessly. James read over it, the other three following suit.

"What's the oath of Black?", Peter asked. Sirius shook his head. "An oath that makes sure he is the solemn heir and he will stay with the Black family until his dying day.", he said grimly. He barked out a humorless laugh, emotion reflecting in his eyes, "Guess they couldn't take their chances after me.".

"We'll try our best to help him.", James said firmly. That was James. Always trying to help everyone, taking them under his wing.

"Okay.", Sirius said, nodding his head. "Remus, you've been coughing all day, you okay?", James asked, turning his attention to Remus.

"I'm fine, mother.", Remus rolled his eyes, as he took a sip of water.

"Forgive me for caring about you, Remus John Lupin. Go to your bed.", James said impatiently. The three boys and Lily stared at him before bursting into giggles.

"Oh my-- I've become my mother.", James gasped, turning to the mirror.

"Anyone want a smoke?", Peter asked, pulling out a pack. "Yeah, sure.", Remus said, determined to make sure they didn't worry about him. They had enough to worry about.

"Moons, is that a good idea?", Sirius asked. "Pshh, I'm fine.", Remus smiled, leaning down to give Sirius a quick peck on the lips.

Remus grabbed one, taking a long drag out of it. "See? I'm fine.", he said. Sirius nodded, grabbing one too as he lit it with his wand.

great hall

Sirius walked into the Great Hall, his arms raised. "I have returned!", he yelled, making everyone swivel their heads towards him.

"Sirius!"

"James!"

"My love!"

"Soulmate!"

"Owner of my heart!"

"I missed you!"

"It's been too long!"

"You two are ridiculous." Lily said, rolling her eyes as the students and teachers laughed.

"Evans, Prongs had to switch Divination classes because according to the professor, we don't pay attention.", Sirius rolled his eyes, making quotes around the words.

"You don't.", Lily said coolly.

"I bet this was all your master plan, wasn't it, Red? You wanted my Prongs all to you.", Sirius crossed his arms.

"You caught me.", Lily laughed.

"I'll have you know, he was mine first.", Sirius boasted. "But he's mine now.", Lily smirked.

"Prongs!"

"Potter."

"Er, Lily, Sirius-", James stuttered, looking between them nervously.

They looked at him, crossing their arms.

"Remus?", James asked, turning around to Remus, who was bent over laughing.

"Wormy?", James tried. "Don't look at me, Prongs. Good luck.", Peter snorted.

"I should've known that if I date one of you, I date all of you.", Lily laughed.

"We're a package deal, Evans.", James smirked, leaning in to kiss her.

"Eurgh. I'm moving. Mooonyyyy.", Sirius complained, plonking himself down next to Remus.

"Paddfooott. Did you eat my chocolate?", Remus asked.

"No.", Sirius smiled angelically. Remus coughed loudly, hacking into his handkerchief.

"Moons, that didn't sound good. We should get you to the hospital wing.", Sirius said concernedly.

"I'm fine, Sirius, just a cough.", Remus said, taking a swig of water from the cup, ignoring the tightening feeling in his chest.

dorm

"Evans!", James yelled, dragging Lily to their dorm. "Potter, what do you want?", Lily asked, failing to keep the smile off her face.

"Well, it is our last few months here.", James began. "Really? Hadn't noticed.", Lily snorted.

James rolled his eyes, laughing. "How would you and the girls like to be a part of a series of pranks?", he asked, his eyes twinkling.

"I'm in, Potter. Meet us in the Three Broomsticks next Hogsmeade weekend.", she said.