Chapter Twenty

"Sirius, do you wanna talk about it?", James asked, as they walked back to the dorms. "No.", Sirius grunted. "Come on, babe, you can't just keep these things in.", Jack said, opening the dorm door.  "Watch me.", Sirius said, flopping on the bed. The other four boys looked at each other concerned. Remus swore loudly. "Remus?", Jame asked, confusedly. "Full moon. Today. I forgot.", Remus said, panicking. "Full moon?", Jack asked, confused. "Jack, go get Pomfrey.", James ordered, and Jack obliged. "Okay, we need to get out of here before Jack gets back.", James said, opening the window. There were clouds covering the moon, as they jumped out of the window one by one. They ran into the tunnel, as fast as their feet could carry them. Remus heard his heart thumping in his chest. "Go! I'm about to change!", Remus yelled, his eyes changing. "Remus, come on, we're not leaving.", Sirius insisted. "Run! Don't turn back, no matter what you hear.", Remus cried. The three boys ran, ignoring the screams and growls from behind them. After a few seconds, they heard four feet thudding towards the tunnel slowly, and they transformed, ready for the next full moon. 

Remus Lupin woke up in the hospital wing, bloody and bandaged. "Ahh, hello sleeping beauty.", Peter snorted. "Haha, very funny.", Remus said, greedily taking the breakfast tray. "You lot are.. okay, right?", Remus asked. "Yup! Went great.", James smiled. Remus sighed with relief. Jack and Chloe walked in the hospital dorm, looking concerned. "Oh, Remy! Are you okay?", Chloe asked, peppering Remus with kisses. "Fine, thanks.", Remus grunted. Sirius grabbed Jack's hand, and Chloe looked at them smugly. "Is he your boyfriend?", she asked. Sirius nodded, staring her down. "What happened last night?", Jack asked, "I came back to the dorm, and no one was there.". Remus looked at the other boys, unsure of what to say. "I was...sick.", Remus said, after a hesitation. Jack nodded, but he didn't seem fully convinced. 

                     ------------------------------------   2 Months Later------------------------------

It was the night before Jack had to leave to go back to Texas, and Sirius and Jack were stargazing together, and the other three boys were on their own dates. Sirius stared up at the sky, tears welling up. "It sucks that you have to leave the day before my birthday. I'm gonna miss you.", he choked out. "Aww, I'll miss you too, Sirius.", Jack said, cupping his face in his hands. After three months filled with pranks and laughs, none of the boys were ready to say goodbye, Sirius the least. "Smile!", Sirius said, taking a picture. He handed Jack one, and kept one for himself. "You'll write?", Sirius asked, staring up at the sky. "Sirius, I need to confess something.", Jack gulped. Sirius looked at him, confused. Jack took the end of his shirt, rubbing at Sirius' name. The ink smudged off, leaving a blank space where his name was. Sirius stared, not saying anything. "Please say something.", Jack pleaded. "So- that's all I am to you? Some summer crush?", Sirius yelled angrily. "Will you let me explain?", Jack asked. "You have ten minutes.", Sirius said stonily. "I- I had a girlfriend back in Texas. She broke up with me, so I came here. She's my only soulmate. I saw you, and knew you would make her jealous. So.. I faked it. With a spell.", Jack sighed, "And I was right. She wants to get back together.". Sirius stared at him. "You never liked me?", Sirius asked, his bottom lip quivering. "I didn't at first, then I did, but we're going to be so far apart. I can't do this anymore, Sirius.", Jack said. 

Sirius felt his head spinning. "Fuck you.", he mumbled. No, not know, not in front of him. Sirius thought, his mind blanking. "Sirius? Is it another panic attack?", Jack asked. Sirius didn't respond. Jack racked his mind, to try and find out where the other boys were on their dates. "The lake.", he whispered, running as fast as he could, leaving Sirius behind. 

Remus, Chloe, James, Lily, Peter, and Mary were having a picnic by the lake, when they saw Jack running towards them. "Jack? What's the matter?", Peter asked, standing up. "It's Sirius.", he panted. The boys, Chloe, and Lily ran, following Jack. James crouched down in front of Sirius, whispering to him. "Sirius, what happened?", James asked. Jack gulped. He knew the three boys would do anything for their friends. James helped Sirius calm down, and everyone sat next to him. "What happened?", Remus repeated quietly. "You're a freak.", Chloe whispered in his ear, making it so only he could hear. Sirius shook it off, and told everyone the whole story, not looking Jack in the eye. By the end, he had tears streaming down his face. Remus turned around, glaring at Jack. "How could you do that?", he asked angrily, pulling out his wand. Jack backed away, scared. "Remus, don't.", Sirius yelled, standing up. James stood up, heading to Remus. Remus dropped his wand, punching Jack in the face. Jack staggered back, blood dripping from his nose. There was a silence, as Jack wiped the blood from his hands. Remus stared at Jack, daring him to do something. Jack ran at Remus, shoving him down. "Stop it!", Sirius yelled. 

It was utter chaos. Jack kicked Remus in the face, bloodying it. Remus yelled out in pain, and James tackled Jack to the ground. "Leave. NOW.", James growled. Jack ran, as fast as he could. 

Sirius and Peter helped Remus up, and he stared after Jack angrily. Lily helped Sirius up, and he looked down. "Sirius, you deserve better than him.", Remus said, breaking the silence. Sirius stared at him, breaking down. He sat on the ground, sobbing into Remus' shoulder. "He- he never loved me.", he choked out. Chloe looked at him with disgust. "Shhh, I know. You're going to be okay, Pads.", Remus said, hugging him.

The next morning, Sirius woke up, curled up against Remus, the dried tear tracks still fresh on his face. He stood up, yawning. He felt a something shift in his pocket. He pulled it out. It was the picture of Jack and him yesterday. He ripped it up, tossing it in the bin. "Happy birthday, Sirius.", Remus said, his voice gravelly. Sirius had almost forgotten. "Thanks, Moons.", Sirius whispered. "How's your face?", he asked. "Nothing too bad.", Remus responding. "You okay?", Remus asked. Sirius nodded. James and Peter woke up, tackling Sirius to the ground. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!", they yelled. "Thanks.", Sirius said, cracking a smile. 

In the great hall, James stood up on the table. "Not this again.", Lily groaned. "I HAVE ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT.", he yelled, "TODAY MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER WAS BORN, SIRIUS ONION POTTER.". Everyone clapped and laughed at the spectacle that was James. James stepped down, handing Sirius something. "What's this?", Sirius asked, smiling, as he opened it. "Plane tickets?", he asked. "That's right!", Peter whooped.