Chapter Fifty

happy late jilyween! friendly reminder, three-four more years until everything goes wrong in my fic!

Dad, 

I'm sorry for bothering you, but I need to ask you something. Is it possible for your blood to corrupt you? Stupid, I know, but I need to know. Why am I the "good" one? Is it me, or is it just some genes that went wonky? Could I go bad somehow? What if I do? And what if something happens? I couldn't bear it if something did. Again, sorry, and tell Mum I said hi. 

Your favourite son, 

Sirius

Sirius, 

It's not a bother at all, my boy, don't worry about it. You shouldn't let your family worry you so.  I don't believe so, no. You rebelled because you have good morals. It's all you, no genes or any of that, I promise. You won't go bad, son. You're a good person that had bad things happen to you. They won't anymore, I'll make sure of it. Mum says hi, and she says tell our other son to write, will he?

Love, 

Dad

Sirius grinned at the piece of parchment, tucking it in his pocket. 

"Prongs! Mum said to write to her!", he yelled. "Oops! I forgot! I will.", James yelled back from the bathroom. 

"They didn't deny I'm the favourite by the way!", Sirius smirked, as James stepped out of the bathroom. "I am!", James yelled, shocked. 

"That's not what Dad said.", Sirius lied, hiding a grin. Remus and Peter laughed, watching this unfold. 

"Give me that!", James yelled, reaching for the letter, and then promptly slipping in a puddle of water and falling on his face.

"I hate you guys.", James said, groaning as Peter took a picture of him, laughing. 

                                                                             dream

Peter woke up, screaming as he ran through the forest. He stopped at a clearing, panting. He looked up, at a broken house. He opened the door, walking through slowly.

He looked down and screamed. James lay on the ground, his glasses knocked off his face, his eyes staring into the sky.

"James.", Peter choked out, running away from him. He walked up the stairs, opening a door. "Lily.", he gasped, staring at the redheaded girl on the floor.

Peter heard the faint cries of a baby in another room, but as he stepped forward, another person blocked him. He looked up, trembling. "You did this, Wormtail.", Voldemort sneered, a cold look on his face. 

"I didn't-- I didn't mean to.", Peter stuttered, backing away from him.

Peter awoke in a sweat, sitting upright. He breathed out a sigh of relief. He looked over at James' bed, just to make sure, and then Remus'. He let out a gasp.

Remus' bed was empty. 

His heart pounded as he looked over at Sirius', where Remus had crawled in with him. He let out a sigh of relief. 

"Pete? You okay?", Remus asked quietly. 

"Yeah-- yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, didn't mean to wake you.", Peter whispered. Remus climbed out of his bed carefully, not to wake Sirius. 

"You want to talk about it?", Remus whispered. Peter shook his head. "No, it's okay.", he said nervously. 

"Have the Slytherins been bothering you again?", Remus asked, his brow furrowed. Peter decided to use that as an excuse, nodding.