Chapter Ten

"Oh, Remus, come here.", Lily said heading after Remus. 

James paused under the sofa, peeking his head under. 

"Leave me alone.", Sirius said, his body shaking with sobs. James hadn't seen him this upset since the day he ran away from home. 

James crawled under the sofa, despite Sirius' protests. "Well, both of us are not going to fit under this bloody sofa. Let's sit on top, like normal people.", James smirked, as he crawled out. 

Sirius crawled out reluctantly, sitting next to James. "Sirius, your face.", James said, surprised. 

"Really? I didn't notice.", Sirius scowled. An owl swooped into the common room, with a letter. The owl landed next to Sirius, dropped the letter, and flew away. 

Sirius opened the letter. "It's from Mother.". He read the letter silently, his eyes moving across the slanting letters. 

James stared at Sirius expectantly. Sirius stared ahead, without any emotion. "Well?", James asked. 

"Blasted my name off the family tree.", Sirius said, staring off into the common room fire. 

"Come back to the dorm, Sirius, we'll talk.", James said, picking up the letter. 

"M'fine.", Sirius grunted. James slipped the letter into his pocket, and sighed. He walked over to Sirius, and picked him up. 

"Put me down.", Sirius grunted, but James began walking to the dorm with Sirius in his arms. 

He knocked on the door with his foot, struggling to not drop Sirius. Lily opened the door, and James set Sirius down. 

Peter had awoken, due to all of the commotion. "What's going on?", Peter asked sleepily.

 "I've been disowned.", Sirius said, his head hanging. Remus sighed, walking over to Sirius. 

"I'm sorry, Pads.", gripping him in a tight hug. 

Sirius melted into his arms, crying. "I'm sorry, Moony. Don't hate me.", he sobbed. 

"I could never hate you.", Remus whispered, hugging him tighter. 

 "I'm sorry for keeping you lot up this late, we have classes tomorrow.", Sirius whispered. 

"I think I'm going to head to my dorm.", Lily said, standing up. She pulled James in for a kiss, leaving him flustered as she closed the dorm room. 

"I think we should go to sleep.", James said, yawning. 

Everyone agreed and headed to their separate beds. Remus stood up, his eyes heavy. "Wait- Moony?", Sirius asked sleepily. 

"Yeah, Pads?". "Can you stay?", he asked pleadingly. 

Remus looked down at him hesitantly. 

"You don't have to, it's fine. Sorry for even- I'm sorry, forget it.", Sirius rambled, looking down. 

"Er, no, it's fine. I'll stay.", Remus said softly, laying down next to him. 

Sirius curled up next to him, and Remus put his arm around Sirius. Soon, everyone was asleep. 

"Sirius? What happened to your face?", Remus asked softly, but Sirius was asleep.

Remus woke up, his eyes popping open, "Oh-- class, I'm late".

"Everyone's excused from our first class today.", James reminded quietly.

 "Okay.", Remus said sleepily, curling up next to Sirius. 

"Chloe's not going to be happy when she sees this.", Peter smirked, nudging his shoulder.

 "Oh, shut it. Sirius just needed a friend and I just-- I just did what I could.", Remus yawned, stretching.

Is that all I am?  A pity friend?, Sirius thought, stiffening. 

"We should head to the Great Hall for breakfast.", James said, Peter following. 

"I'll wait for Sirius.", Remus said, putting on his tie. After the door closed, Sirius stretched and yawned. 

"Good morning, how'd you sleep?", Remus asked. "Good, you?", Sirius asked shortly. 

Remus sighed. "Sirius, you need to know that you are more than your family. I know it's hard. But as bad as it sounds, you need to forget them! They don't define you, you do. And I can tell that you are nothing like your family.".

 "That's one of my biggest fears. I don't want to be like my family, Remus. I don't want to end up in Azkaban for being on the wronf side.", Sirius said. 

"As long as we're around, you're not going to end up in Azkaban.", Remus reassured, as they headed to the Great Hall. 

Severus stared angrily at James and Lily, who were sitting together. His soulmate was Lily, and he had no one on his other hand. This happened, but it was very rare. He couldn't take it anymore. He stood up, and walked towards the Gryffindor table. 

Sirius turned around. "What are you doing here, Sni-Severus?", Sirius said.

"Lily, can I speak to you? Alone?", Severus said, giving the four boys a pointed glare. 

"Whatever you want to tell me, you can say here.", Lily said defiantly. "

Come on, Lily.", Severus said, shaking his head in annoyance. He grabbed Lily's hand, trying to pull her away. 

"Let go of me, Sev!", Lily said, pulling her hand back. "I need to talk to you.", he struggling. 

"She said let go, mate.", James said, wrenching her hand away. Severus walked back to the Slytherin table, looking defeated. 

"What a git.", Remus said, shaking his head. 

James stood up on the table. "I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!", he yelled, grabbing the attention of everyone. 

"James, get down from there.", Lily hissed playfully, as the other three boys shook their heads. 

"I HAVE ACHIEVED SOMETHING AMAZING. I HAVE BECOME LILY EVAN'S BOYFRIEND.", he said, with a cheeky smile. 

The entire Great Hall was full with applause. 

Out of the corner of his eye, James saw Dumbledore slip McGonagall some Galleons, winking at James discreetly.