Chapter Thirty Nine

"I'm so happy for you.", Lily said, hugging them. "Thanks, Red.", Sirius smiled at her. 

"Couple of queers.", A boy muttered, shoving Remus down. 

"What did you say?", Sirius asked, his voice dangerously quiet. 

The boy snorted. "Probably need your boyfriend to help you.".

Sirius marched up to him, and swung as hard as he could. 

His fist came in contact with the boy's stomach, making him double over. 

"Sirius, don't.", Remus yelled.

A crowd of students had formed around the Sirius and the boy. 

The teachers couldn't reach them, nor could James or Peter. 

The boy stood up, running at Sirius. Sirius reached in his pocket for his wand and swore. He'd left it in the room. 

Sirius felt himself being knocked over, the other boy on top of him. He swung hard, hitting Sirius in the nose. Blood spurted out. "That all you got?", Sirius asked, struggling hard. 

The boy wrapped his hands around Sirius' neck, squeezing with both hands. 

"Stop it!", Remus yelled, trying to pull the boy off of Sirius.

"Stop, please.", Sirius choked, turning blue.

The boy realized he had enough, and dropped Sirius to the ground as he gasped for air. 

"Mr. Goodblack! My office, NOW!", McGonagall yelled.

"Sirius, you okay babe?", Remus asked. 

"Yeah.", Sirius breathed, wiping his nose.

James pulled out his wand. "Episkey.", he cast, cleaning the blood off.

Lily and Sirius were sitting together in the common room. 

"Sirius, can I give you a makeover?", Lily asked suddenly.

"Calling me ugly?", Sirius grinned, but nodded. Lily grabbed her makeup bag. "I'm still going to look punk rock, aren't I?", he raised his eyebrows.

"Of course.", Lily said, grinning. 

"Close your eyes, Sirius.", Lily commanded, pulling out the eyeshadow. Sirius obeyed, shifting nervously. "Stop moving!", Lily giggled, dusting the glittery gold eyeshadow on both eyes. Now eyeliner. She made quick, thick strokes.

"Wow, Sirius, you look great.", Alice commented. 

"I'm doing your hair, Sirius.", Marlene announced, braiding his hair.

"I feel like a queen.", Sirius joked. 

"Do you like it?", Lily asked, showing him a mirror. Sirius opened his eyes. 

His grey eyes seemed to pop out, outlined by the black eyeliner. "Whoa.", Sirius breathed. 

"I look hot.", he stated, admiring himself. 

"I'm showing the boys.", Sirius announced, and the girls followed him to the dorm.

Sirius threw the door open. 

"Hello.", he said dramatically, the girls giggling behind him. 

The three boys looked at Sirius.

"You look great, Pads.", Peter said warmly.

"Wow, Pads, you may be turning me gay.", James said, "Sorry, Evans."

Remus stared at Sirius. 

"Oh- do you not like it?", Sirius asked, his smile faltering slightly.

"You don't know what you're doing to me, shortstop.", Remus breathed, pulling Sirius in for a kiss.