Chapter Forty Four

"I will hex Barty.", Sirius muttered, watching Regulus' retreating form from underneath the invisibility cloak. 

"Let's prank him.", Peter suggested. 

"Wormtail! My man!", Sirius cried, high fiving him. 

Sirius pulled out a bottle of pink hair dye from his pocket. "You just carry that around?", Remus spluttered. 

Sirius nodded. "I'm Head Boy.", James paled. "Prongs! Snap out of it!", Sirius said incredulously. 

James shook his head. "Sorry. Let's go."

They ran as fast as they could to catch up to Regulus, slipping into the Common Room behind him. They followed Regulus into his dorm, still invisible. 

Regulus stared at Barty, who was reading a book. 

"You weren't here yesterday.", Barty noted. 

"Nice observation.", Regulus sneered. 

Barty closed his mouth, looking down at his book. "That's it, then?", Regulus asked. Barty looked at him solemnly. "Yeah, you idiot. I didn't even like you.", Barty snorted. 

Remus had to hold Sirius back, before he could blow their cover. 

"Did you hear that?", Barty asked.

Regulus pulled the covers over his head, ignoring him. 

The four boys snuck into the bathroom, pouring the pink dyes in the shampoo bottle.

"Of course Snivellus doesn't own any.", Peter noted, snickering softly. 

When they entered the dorm, it was empty. Sirius stepped out, writing a note to Regulus.

Reg--

Buy some more shampoo. Don't use the shampoo bottles in the bathroom.  

--Blood traitor.

He hid the note in Regulus' pillowcase, coming back under the cloak. 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Hogsmeade!", James cheered as they entered the village. 

"Where shall we go first?", Alice asked. 

"We have the Order meeting at the room in the Hog's Head in thirty minutes.", Lily reminded. 

"We should go and see the shrieking shack!", Frank suggested. 

"Good idea!", Dorcas said. 

James looked over at Remus. 

"You okay with it?", he asked, his hazel eyes big. 

Remus nodded, grabbing Sirius' hands.

"This place looks haunted.", Alice shivered, as they stared at it. "Sometimes I'll hear howls at night.", Marlene admitted, shivering, as it began to snow. 

"Must be a monster.", Dorcas teased. "Yeah.", Remus nodded, "A monster.", he said thickly. 

"Rem. You're not a monster, alright?", Sirius whispered, rubbing his thumb against Remus' hand. Remus looked down, not saying anything.

James was turned around, talking to Frank about Quidditch. Lily bent down, scooping some snow in her hands. She aimed and threw the snowball, hitting James in the back of the head. 

James turned around to a giggling Lily, running at her. 

"Help!", Lily laughed, as he chased her. "Good luck, Lily.", Peter smirked.