Chapter Seventy Seven

next morning

The seventh years were lounging lazily on their last day of school, reminiscing with smiles on their faces.

Their teachers watched fondly, after saying their goodbyes. Their students had been with them since eleven, and now they were bright young men and women.

James took out his camera, snapping pictures and watching as they slid out of his camera.

Remus jumped on Sirius' back, who laughed as Remus tickled him, and James snapped a picture.

Marlene, Lily, Mary, and Emily made flower crowns, putting them on each other's heads, their cheeks flushed with excitement, and James snapped a picture.

Finally, James handed the camera to a teacher, who took a picture of all of them together, smiling happily with bright eyes.

James' had a wide smile on his face, his glasses reflecting as they sat on his tanned skin.

Sirius' long hair was pushed back, smiling widely as James threw an arm around him.

Remus stood out, the tallest of them all. The faded scars on his skin stood out, his curly brown hair glinting in the sun.

Mary and Emily stood next to each other, still in their flower crowns, making a goofy face at each other. Lily stood next to James, kissing his cheek. Marlene put an arm around Dorcas and another one around Lily as she blew a kiss to the camera.

great hall

The students were all sitting next to each other, the Gryffindor seventh years smirking as Dumbledore stepped up to the podium.

"As you know, today is an important day for our seventh years.", Dumbledore said, clearing his throat.

"Today our seventh years are graduating. They've been here since they were eleven, trusting our teachers to guide them, and they've blossomed into fine young adults.", he said, his eyes twinkling as the students grinned at each other.

"I'll stop blabbering on, and let the feast begin." , Dumbledore said, as the food appeared on the plate.

Remus counted down. "3, 2, 1.", he whispered, as the food levitated in the air, from opposite sides of the room, throwing it to the opposite sides, as shrieks filled the room.

black lake

It was tradition for the seventh years to go back to the train on the boats they arrived on, on their first day of first year.

They all hugged their teachers, saying their goodbyes.

Remus hugged McGonagall. "Thank you, Minnie.", he said quietly.

"You'll be back after his stupid war is over. I'll write you a recommendation letter myself. Please keep your end of the deal.", she smiled.

"My end of the deal?", Remus asked, smiling.

"Don't bring the three stooges with you.", McGonagall smiled, tears sparkling in her eyes.

"You love us, Minnie!", the other three chorused, waving madly as they climbed into the boats, the girls getting in the boat behind them.

The lake was calm as they looked at the castle behind them, the stars glinting across the night sky.

"We left a mark, didn't we?", Peter chuckled.

"Our kids will hear the stories. War heroes, Remus, Sirius, Peter, and James.", Sirius said, spreading his hands out, as they laughed, the boats sailing across the lake. 

the next day

James, Lily, Peter, Sirius, and Remus looked at the flat in front of them, staring at the huge building.

"What number are we again?", Peter asked, fumbling in his pockets for his key.

"I have it, Pete! We're number 31.", James called, laughing as he fished the key out of his pockets, throwing it to Peter. He caught it, smiling sheepishly.

"Well, I talked to the landlord. He said he'll be in to collect rent every month. Good thing we have posh boys.", Lily smiled, laughing as she kissed James.

"Well, let's get in!", Sirius said excitedly, putting an arm around Remus.

The five of them walked through the door one by one, smiling, as they closed the door behind them.

"Whoa.", Remus said, the first one to speak, as he looked at the empty flat.

"Whoa is right.", Lily agreed, as they went to the other rooms in the flat.

"Er, would it be alright if I had a room by myself? Emily said she might be here sometimes if it's okay with you.", Peter said nervously.

"Pete's a big boy.", James gasped, putting a hand on his chest.

"Of course, Peter. It'd be unfair if you couldn't, also, Emily makes the most amazing cupcakes.", Lily said warmly.

"Furniture store?", James asked. Lily nodded, "I called ahead and told them we were coming, it's a Muggle store, so hide your wands.", she reminded.

"We tell them what we want, pay, and then they deliver it to here.", Lily said.

"Muggles, whoa.", Sirius remarked.

"Muggle bus?", Remus asked.

"Whoa, the full Muggle experience.", Peter laughed.