Chapter One Hundred Twenty Eight

one week later

Mary joined them in the hospital room the day after the attack, their other friends had gone on missions . They had just finished talking to Peter and Alex.

"Hey, Remus. I- I went down to the gift shop and I got you this stuffed dog. It's supposed to be me.", Sirius said, offering a small smile at the still unconscious man, and the stuffed dog on the nightstand next to him.

"I also got you some chocolates, you'll eat them when you get up.", he said, "That should wake you right up."

But Remus' eyes were still closed, his chest occasionally heaving up and down. James looked down, swallowing. Lily and Mary shut their eyes tightly.

"He's going to be okay.", Euphemia said firmly, "He will."

Sirius put his head in his hands, letting out a choked sob as Mary touched his shoulder comfortingly.

As though Remus heard them talking, he let out a whimper of pain, his eyes opening as he looked around wildly. "Wh-", he said, his voice cracking.

He winced at the stabbing pain in his stomach and cheek, and then a stinging in his elbow.

James was the first to realise, shock taking over his face. "Remus!", he said, flashing a smile, and then wincing. Sirius' head snapped up, as he turned to Remus.

He ran to him, tears spilling down his face, "Remus.", he sobbed, touching his knee gently.

Remus tried his best to keep his eyes open as Euphemia and Fleamont fussed over him, Lily and Mary giving him a blanket.

Rami walked in, a smile on her face. "Mr. Lupin, I see you're awake. I talked to your family about your treatment plan, but I need to add some things. The wound on your cheek isn't looking too good, and to make sure it doesn't get worse, try not to talk too much."

"There's a spell, it'll make sure you don't talk and worsen the wound, but it'll put whatever you're thinking in the air. Would you like me to perform it?", she asked. Remus hesitated, but then nodded. Rami waved her wand, and sparkling letters appeared in the air.

WHEN DO I GO HOME?

"We're going to be working on your injuries later today, we'll be back soon.", Rami said, leaving the room.

ARE YOU OKAY, PRONGS?

James read the text, before nodding, "I'm okay, Remus. You saved my life."

WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF YOU?

"We're alright.", Lily smiled, as Sirius took Remus' hand gently. "How are you feeling?", Euphemia asked softly.

I'M GOING TO SAY I'M OKAY SO YOU DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME BUT I'M NOT AND IT HURTS EVERYWHERE OH SHIT THIS SHOWS WHAT IM THINKING DOESNT IT STUPID FUCKING SPELL CAN YOU STOP PUTTING WORDS IN THE AIR STOP IT I SAID STOP

"Remus.", Mary shook her head, giving her a sympathetic smile. "This spell works, I say we should make it permanent.", James said, as Remus flipped him off, wincing.

"Is there anything we can do?", Lily asked. "Yes, would you like us to get you something to eat?", Fleamont asked.

NO THANKS MR POTTER I'M NOT HUNGRY ACTUALLY I WOULD REALLY LIKE SOME WATER THOUGH ALSO SIRIUS LOOKS REALLY HANDSOME AND I REALLY WANT TO SNOG HIS FACE OFF, THAT WOULD MAKE ME FEEL A LOT BETTER AND HIS HAIR LOOKS REALLY TOUSLED OH THIS FUCKING SPELL IS REALLY TELLING EVERYONE EVERYTHING HOW DO I STOP THINKING

Remus reddened, as the people around him tried to stifle their laughs. "My hair looks tousled, hm?", Sirius asked, grinning at him. Lily handed Remus a glass of water with a green straw, and he sipped it, enjoying the feeling of ice cold water through his parched throat.

IN THE SUMMER AFTER FIRST YEAR WE WERE ALL AT PETE'S COUSINS HOUSE AND HIS AUNT GAVE US JUICE WITH STRAWS AND THEY WERE GREEN. JAMES AND SIRIUS PRACTICALLY STARTED CRYING BECAUSE GREEN WAS SLYTHERIN COLORS AND THEY WANTED GRYFFINDOR ONES.

Lily let out a laugh, as James and Sirius groaned in embarassment. The others laughed, as Remus grinned. The sparkling letters appeared in the air, as Remus grimaced.

ER I DONT KNOW HOW TO SAY UM THINK THIS I THINK BUT- BLOODY FUCKING HELL THAT HURTS SOMEONE PLEASE GET THE HEALER PLEASE IT HURTS I THINK IM BLEEDING MY STOMACH OUCH OUCH PLEASE HELP

Remus let out a whimper of pain, his eyes desperate. "Rami!", Mary said, poking her head out of the door. Rami came running, a frown on her face as she entered the room.

She lifted up Remus' shirt, inspecting the bandaging, which was slowly turning into a bloodstained red. "It's bleeding out.", she muttered, as other nurses entered the room.

"What's going on?", James asked, still in the other hospital bed, his voice filled with panic. "He's bleeding out, we're going to go ahead and perform the spell on the wound on his torso.", Rami explained, as Remus let out a choked sob.

"Will it hurt?", Lily asked. "Er- yes, it will. Would you like to stay with him?", Rami asked hurriedly, as they levitated a shaking Remus into the other bed.

Sirius nodded, as did Lily and Mary. "Can I?", James asked. Rami hesitated, but shook her head, "I'm sorry, you still need to rest.", she said softly, as he sighed.

"Mr. and Mrs. Potter, you stay here with James, we'll be right back."

operating room

"There's just some simple rules before we begin. Once we start, there's no stopping, or else it won't heal. You cannot distract me, this spell is important.", she said.

Sirius nodded, Lily and Mary doing the same. Rami took a deep breath, before waving her wand at Remus. Sirius took his hand gently, and Remus tried to smile at the gesture, but the pain was unbearable.

THANK YOU RAMI BUT FUCK THAT HURTS OH MY GOD THAT HURTS PLEASE MAKE IT STOP I CANT BREATHE I THINK IM GOING TO PASS OUT PLEASE SIRIUS STOP THEM LILY HELP MARY TELL HER TO STOP

Sirius winced at the words, "We'll be done soon, Moons, you're going to be okay.", he said, his voice breaking. Lily looked at the wound, magically closing up, it was a little less than halfway done.

Remus let out a whimper of pain, unable to speak. He grimaced, trying not to let the pain take over his mind, his friends were worried enough. Remus closed his eyes tightly, trying to think of anything but the pain.

ALRIGHT REMUS YOU'VE DONE FULL MOONS FOR THIRTEEN YEARS THIS IS NOTHING YOU WEAK GIT THIS IS NOTHING DONT CRY- FUCK YOU'RE CRYING MAYBE THEY WON'T NOTICE SHIT MARY SAW- WORTHLESS, BLOODY WORTHLESS WEREWOLF

OH SHIT THE SPELL- THEY'LL WORRY ABOUT YOU AND YOU CANT LET THEM THEY'VE DONE TOO MUCH FOR YOU JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES MAYBE THE SPELL WILL STOP WORKING

Mary took a sharp breath as she read the words, and Lily's mouth turned down at the corners. "Remus.", Sirius whispered, paling. Remus' eyes filled with tears as he turned red, turning away from the rest of them.

"Done with the one on his stomach.", Rami said, inspecting the deep scars on his torso, "We'll do the one on the cheek and elbow later."

RAMI CAN YOU PLEASE TAKE THE SPELL OFF

Rami read the words, furrowing her brow, "Yeah, I can, but how will you communicate?"

IF ITS NOT TOO MUCH TROUBLE CAN I GET A QUILL AND A PARCHMENT AND I'LL WRITE ON THERE BUT I WOULD LIKE YOU TO TAKE THIS SPELL OFF.

"Remus-", Lily started

PLEASE I DONT WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW WHAT IM THINKING ALL THE TIME I CANT HAVE ALL MY THOUGHTS IN THE OPEN LIKE THIS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SEE THEM IM SORRY.

Sirius looked down, frowning, as Rami waved her wand, the glittering letters disappearing. She waved her wand again, and a quill and a piece of parchment appeared.

Remus took the quill, scratching on it with his good hand.

Thank you