Chapter Twenty Seven

The class erupted in grumbles. James nudged Lily. "You alright?", he asked, looking concerned. Lily nodded, her eyebrows furrowing. Slughorn sighed. "Poor boy.", he said, shaking his head. "Mr. Black?", he asked, nodding at Sirius. Sirius flushed, as he smelled the cauldron. "Er.. I smell books, my leather jacket, cardigans, and chocolate.", Sirius said quickly. Slughorn nodded. "Remus?", he asked. "Er.. I smell chocolate, books, trees, morning dew, and dogs.", Remus said, smiling. 

After class, they headed to the Great Hall for lunch. Sirius poked around at his food. "Sirius, you have to eat something.", James said, concerned. "I'm not hungry.", Sirius said tiredly. He ha lost a lot of weight. Sirius sighed and yawned. 

The four boys were going back to their dorm after a long day. Sirius still hadn't eaten anything. The four boys were walking together. James and Peter were in the front, and Remus stayed behind, with Sirius.  Sirius stumbled, and Remus caught him. "You okay, Pads?", he asked. Sirius shook his head. "I feel so weak.", he said. Remus picked Sirius up, and Sirius smiled gratefully. 

Two Gryffindor boys stared at Remus and Sirius, with a look of disgust on their faces. 

"You've gotten really light, Sirius.", Remus noted, with concern. Sirius' cheekbones were much more prominent, and you could see his ribs through his shirt. "I think I can walk.", Sirius said weakly. Remus shook his head. "Nope.". Sirius sighed and smiled. He liked the feeling of being in Remus' arms. 

"I love you.", Sirius said sleepily. His eyes widened. 

"Love you too, Pads.", Remus said, smiling. Chloe. Not Sirius., Remus thought, Besides, you like Sirius as a friend. As a friend only. You're just confused.

Sirius nodded. He won't love me the way I want him to. 

James and Peter helped Sirius into the dorm. "I'll stay with Padfoot, you two go to class.", James said, sitting next to him. 

"I think I love him James.", Sirius said, once the other two boys had left the room. James pulled Sirius in for a hug. "I know.", was all James said, as Sirius clung on to him. James was his lifeline, his rock. He needed James. He would need him forever. 

"I'm sorry.", Sirius said. "Why are you sorry?", James asked. "Because I'm always going on and on about my problems.", Sirius said. "Don't.", James said. "Now come on, let's get some hot cocoa.". 

"How's Lily?", Sirius asked, blowing on his hot cocoa. "She's good. We're good.", James blushed. Sirius covered his mouth as he ran to the bathroom, James not far behind him. Sirius emptied his stomach in the toilet, breathing heavily. James helped Sirius up quietly. "I'm okay.", Sirius said, "The doctor said this would happen for at least a week.", Sirius said weakly.