Chapter Twenty Eight

A/N: Apologizing in advance

Sirius sat on his bed, flopping down on the pillows. "I need a cigarette.", he huffed. James shook his head. "Nope. You haven't eaten anything all day.", he said sternly. Sirius sighed. "Do you want to talk some more?", James asked carefully. "What's there to talk about? I like Remus, he doesn't like me back. I'm not telling him. He's my best friend. You, me, and Peter are probably going to be the best men at his wedding with Chloe.", Sirius snorted, spitting the last word. 

"You're going to have to talk to someone.", James said. 

"No I don't.", Sirius stated, just as Remus and Peter walked in the dorm. 

"Hi, Pads, feeling any better?", Remus asked softly. "No.", Sirius said bitterly. Remus pulled back in annoyance. "What's wrong with you?", he asked. Sirius opened his mouth to talk, but Chloe burst into their dorm, again.  "Chloe!", Remus said, with surprise. "Do you not have your own dorm? How are you even getting in here?", Sirius asked, venom lacing his voice. Remus glared at Sirius, and James put a comforting hand on Sirius. Peter watched them, his eyes going from Sirius to Remus. 

"I don't know what's up with you, but that doesn't give you the right to be rude to Chloe.", Remus said angrily. "What's wrong with me? She's always hanging around us!", Sirius accused, pointing a finger at Chloe. "So? She's my girlfriend, you twat!", Remus yelled. 

"Yeah, you think I don't know that, Remus?", Sirius asked, tears filling his eyes. 

"Did I complain when you and Jack were making out everywhere? No, I didn't!", Remus said indignantly, turning red. 

"That's different and you know that! Jack was our roommate! And a guy, if you didn't notice!", Sirius spat, he was shaking with anger. 

"Of course I noticed! You clung on to him all the time! Jack this, Jack that. And you went and got your heart broken? Is that what you want for me? To get my heart broken?", Remus said, equally as angry. 

"Stop it, you guys.", James interrupted. They ignored him. 

"I- How is that my fault? No, I don't want you to get your heart broken, but that doesn't mean you can put her before us!!", Sirius spat.

"I hate you, Sirius. You know that? Get away from me, you freak.", Remus yelled. Chloe hid a smile. 

"Yeah, Remus I do. I know.", Sirius choked. He ran into the bathroom and slammed the door, locking it. 

"Remus!", James yelled. He knocked on the bathroom door. "Sirius!", he yelled. 

Sirius was curled up under the bathroom sink, crying quietly. He heard James and Peter yelling his name, but he didn't respond. 

"I hear him. He's crying.", Peter stated. Remus stared stonily, ignoring everyone.

Sirius took out his wand. "Muffliato.", he choked out, concealing his sobs. He waved his wand, making sure Alohamora wouldn't open. 

"Alohamora.", James cast, waving his wand, and attempting to open the door. James cursed. "Sirius, can you let me in?", he asked softly. No response. "Help me out, Pete.", James said. "On three. One, two, three.". The two boys slammed into the bathroom door, splintering the door as they burst through. Remus jumped up in surprise. "Sirius?", James called. The window was wide open, and Sirius was gone.