Chapter Seventeen

"We have Astronomy, first thing.", Remus said, carrying Sirius on his back, and checking his schedule. "All of us have that together!", Peter cheered. Chloe came up behind them. "I have astronomy too!", Chloe said excitedly. "Why are you carrying him?", Chloe asked, furrowinf her brow. "It's a dare.", Sirius shot back innocently. As they walked inside Professor Ministra welcomed them inside, telling them to pair up. "Remus?", Sirius asked, turning towards him. Remus nodded, and Sirius jumped down. "Rem, wanna be partners?", Chloe asked. "Sorry, Chlo, I'm with Sirius.", he apologized. "Oh, he won't mind, will you?", Chloe asked. Sirius shook his head disappointedly, as he went to sit next to Peter.

They looked through the telescopes. "Look carefully at Uranus, and diagram it.", Professor Ministra said. Sirius snickered, "I see Uranus James.". James laughed, and Peter looked confused. Professor Ministra came up behind them, "Looks like you boys want some extra homework!", she said, handing them work. Chloe smirked behind them.   

---------------------------------------------ONE MONTH LATER------------------------------------------------

The boys, Lily, Marlene, Dorcas, and Alice were sitting together under the trees, just relaxing. 
"Do you lot think we'll still be mates after this?", Peter asked. "Of course!", Lily responded. "We're all going to be mates up in our eighties, when we're old and senile.", James laughed, making everyone laugh. They headed to the dorms, and Sirius closed their dorm room. "I- I need to tell you something.", Sirius sighed. The other three boys looked at him expectantly. "I'm not into girls?", Sirius asked, blushing. "What- Oh.", Remus said, a look of realization dawned on his face. "We love you Sirius, no matter what.", James said smiling, and Sirius relaxed. "But.. Marlene?", Peter asked. Sirius sighed, "I really do like her, just not in that way.". James nodded, "I think you should tell her instead of her finding out.". Sirius nodded. "Wish me luck.". 

Marlene was kissing Dorcas, in the empty common room. She heard a gasp. She opened her eyes to see a flustered Sirius, gaping. "Oh, Sirius, I'm sorry.", Marlene said, jumping up. "I'm happy for you.", Sirius said, tears glistening in his eyes. "Sirius, I was going to tell you.", Marlene said, motioning for him to sit down. "Actually, I came down here to tell you I was gay.", Sirius laughed. "I knew it!", Dorcas yelled. Sirius looked down at her. "How?", he asked. "I've seen the way you look at Remus.", Dorcas smiled. "Friends?", Sirius asked, holding his hand out to Marlene. "Friends.", he agreed. "Am I allowed to tell the boys?", Sirius asked. "Yes, I told Lily an hour ago.", Marlene smiled, as Sirius headed back to the dorm. Before entering, Sirius wiped away a tear, and plastered on a smile.