Chapter Forty One

The students nodded.

Sirius made an obscene gesture, while the Professor's back was turned.

"To be fair, I see Remus staring at yours too.", Dorcas laughed.

Remus turned a bright shade of red.

"Expecto Patronum!", Marlene cried, after a few minutes of struggling.

A silver cat shot out, running throughout the room.

"Excellent job, Ms. McKinnon!", Professor Boltknox praised, clapping for her.

"I'm sorry, that's all we have time for today.", Professor said, dismissing all of the students.

"That was an interesting class.", James remarked.

"Hogsmeade, Evans?", James asked, turning around to look at her.

"James, you're stealing our friend.", Alice complained, rolling her eyes.

"You're stealing my girlfriend.", James retorted, towering over Alice.

"Let's all go together.", Frank suggested, to which everyone agreed

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Lily grabbed the letter addressed to her, picking at the seal. "Who's it from?", Dorcas asked.

"Er- It's from Tuney.", Lily whispered, as she opened it. 

Marlene rolled her eyes. "I really want to fight her.", 

Lily's eyes swept through the letter. "What is it?", Alice asked.

"Her boyfriend proposed.", Lily gasped. 

"He did?", Marlene asked, her eyes wide.

"Mum wants the boys and us to go down to dinner to meet him, at my place.", Lily said.

"You lot will come, won't you?", Lily asked, her emerald eyes big. 

"Of course we will.", Alice promised.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Father, why have you asked to see me?", Barty Jr asked.

"We need to speak about something.", The older man said, glaring at his son. 

"Here, drink some water.", he said, handing him a glass of water. Barty drank it, staring at his father. 

"Show me your arm.", he commanded. 

Luckily for Barty, he was going to get the Dark Mark tomorrow. Regulus was against it, and he was going against his wishes. He wanted to join, as a spy along Regulus.

Barty gave his arm, and his father nodded. 

"I heard you have been fraternizing with the Blacks.", his father said quietly.

"Regulus-- he's my friend.", Barty said, not looking at him.

"You're lying.", his father said angrily. "I'm not, I'm not!", Barty pleaded.

"Is Regulus your friend?", Barty Sr. asked.

Before the younger Crouch could stop himself, the word spilled out of his mouth. 

"Yes and no.", he said, putting his hands over his mouth.

"Veritaserum.", he whispered, staring at his father.