Chapter Fifty Two

tw panic attack

tw torture

flashback

"Regulus, here. Take it.", Sirius whispered, handing Regulus a piece of mirror in the hallway. 

"What's this?", Regulus hissed. "It's a two way mirror. James and I have one, this one is just for you and me. Use it to talk to me, when you need something.", Sirius nodded, before joining with his friends. 

Sirius slipped the mirror in his pocket, as it clinked with the other one. 

room of requirement

"What's wrong, Moony?", Peter asked, walking towards him. "I- I have to go to the Ministry.", Remus said, trying his best to keep his voice from quivering. 

"For what?", James asked, confused. "Er- Remus needs to get registered.", KIngsley said, his voice low. 

"Registered? For what?", Peter asked. Sirius stared at Kingsley, comprehension dawning on his face. 

"Professor, can we go with him?", Lily asked, looking at McGonagall.

"No, no, go with him.", Professor McGonagall said, shaking her head. 

dorm

"Moons?", Sirius asked softly, touching his shoulder. 

"I'm fine. Promise.", Remus admitted, shaking his head. Lily opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off.

"I didn't do anything wrong. It's not fair.", Remus said softly, not looking at any of them. "You didn't. This isn't your fault.", James said, clenching his jaw. 

"What if you didn't have to go?", Peter asked suddenly, "You could hide."

"I'm tired of running and hiding, Worm, besides, it won't be too bad.", Remus said, looking down. 

"Remus, I think it's time to go.", Lily said, a small frown on her face.

dumbledore's office 

"Remus, I see you're taking your friends?", Dumbledore asked, nodding at them.

"Yes, sir.", Remus said quietly. "Sir, what exactly does branding mean?", James asked, looking the professor right in the eyes. 

"They want to mark you, to be able to identify you. The actual process, I am unsure of.", Dumbledore said, waving his hand towards the fireplace. 

ministry

The five students walked up to the front desk, where a receptionist looked over her glasses at them. 

"What are you here for?", she asked. 

"W-werewolf registration.", Remus said. 

"What was that?", she asked. "Werewolf registration.", Lily said firmly. The receptionist sniffed, pointing them to a room in back. 

"Go to the back. A worker will see you shortly.", she said, staring at the group apprehensively as they walked pass her. 

"You okay, Moony?", Sirius asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. Remus nodded, not saying a word as they walked into the room. It looked like a regular hospital room, with a single cot. 

"We'll be right here, Remus.", Lily said comfortingly. Remus nodded, closing his eyes as he leaned on Sirius. 

The worker walked in, holding a clipboard. He had a badge that read the name Harold.