Chapter One Hundred Sixteen

later

Everyone had taken their turn on the bike, other than James and Remus. Alice, Frank, Mary, and Alex had gone, whooping in delight.

"I would love one of these.", Dorcas grinned.

"Potter, you getting on?", Sirius asked. "No fucking way.", James said, shaking his head.

"Moony?", Sirius winked. "Why not?", Remus snorted, putting the helmet on his head.

"Wrap your arms around my waist.", Sirius grinned, his eyes sparkling. "So this is why you wanted me to get on, you flaming homosexual.", Remus laughed.

"Flaming homosexual, I like that.", Dorcas snorted, shoving Marlene playfully.

Remus wrapped his arms around Sirius, laughing as Sirius zipped off.

later that night

"Happy birthday dear Sirius, happy birthday to you!", they all sang, laughing as Sirius blew out the candles.

"Here, I'll cut the cake.", Alice said, handing everyone a bowl. Sirius stared at the cake, immediately thinking about the calories. "I brought Firewhiskey!", Frank grinned, holding the case up.

Less than an hour later, they were all at least a little drunk, except for Lily, who had only drank a little.

Dorcas was flirting with Marlene, and she was flirting back, and eventually, they were making out. Frank and Alice were laughing, the two lightweights.

"You're really pretty.", James giggled, looking at Lily, "Are you single?".

Lily snorted, motioning for Remus to record this little exchange. "I have a husband.", Lily laughed.

"It could be me.", James said, posing unnaturally at an attempt of flirting. "It is you, dumbass.", Lily laughed. Sirius snorted at the shocked look on James' face as Remus recorded, laughing.

"It's ME?", James yelled, looking at her with such awe. "Yes, you git."

"Do you like my hair?", James asked, touching her face. "That's the reason I married you.", Lily joked.

"You have a nice face.", James said, pushing his hair back, "I think we would have cute kids.".

"Mm, I do too.", Lily laughed.

"I think the others should crash here, they're way too drunk to go back on their own.", Remus snorted.

next morning

Sirius woke up with his head pounding. He stood up, going to the bathroom, standing on the scale.

He had gained weight.

He swore loudly, sitting on the ground, putting his head in his hands, letting out a choked sob.

"Bloody pig! What've the Potters been feeding you?", Walburga sneered

Sirius shook his head, looking at himself in the mirror. There was a knock on the door, "Are you in there?", James groaned, "Pete's hogging the other bathroom and I'm hungover."

"C-coming.", Sirius said, wiping at his eyes. He opened the door to James, who looked horrible.

"Hey, you okay?", he asked, looking concerned, pressing a hand to his head. "Yeah, Pepper Up Potion is in there.", Sirius swallowed.

"Thanks, Padfoot, you're a lifesaver.", James groaned, "Also, Evans said she wants to show us all a video from last night, no idea what it is. Think there's breakfast in the kitchen. The others had missions."

Sirius walked into the kitchen, dreading the smell of breakfast that was sure to be amazing, but he wouldn't eat any.

"How are you not hungover?", he asked Remus, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Good question.", Remus snorted.

"I made those noodles for breakfast because we were all too tired to make anything else.", Peter said, twirling the noodles around his fork.

"Oh yeah, I'm not hungry right now.", Sirius lied, the grumble in his stomach giving him away.

"You're not eating Pete's noodles?", James asked, looking better than he had this morning.

"You should eat something.", Remus said, concerned. "I'm not hungry.", Sirius repeated, a pang in his chest.

one week later

For the past week, Sirius didn't eat anything except vegetables, and he was glad he was getting skinnier, his face growing slimmer.

He looked up glamour charms, hiding his prominent ribs. He couldn't worry them.

The five of them barely saw each other, and the attacks had almost multiplied.

There was a knock at the door that morning, to Fleamont and Euphemia Potter, smiling.

"Hi Amma, Appa.", James smiled, hugging his shorter parents, just now noticing the abundance of black hair, their hair mainly grey. "Are you feeling better?", Lily asked, hugging the both of them, as Remus did the same.

"Yes darling, we are, thank you. We're just coughing a bit.", Euphemia smiled.

"Happy late birthday, Sirius.", Fleamont grinned, sitting down next to him. "Thanks, Appa.", Sirius smiled, reddening as Fleamonts' smile grew bigger.

Euphemia hugged Sirius, and sat down on the couch, furrowing her brow at Sirius.

"Hey, I'll go grab those muffins from the cafe.", Sirius smiled, "I think we're all actually home today."

"I sure hope so.", James yawned, stretching out. "Get extra chocolate chips on mine.", Remus grinned.

"How could I have guessed?", Sirius smirked, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Add some to yours too.", Lily said, looking at him concernedly, "And maybe get something else to eat, you haven't eaten anything this morning.".

"Oh, I ate an omelette.", Sirius lied, heading out.

Sirius closed the door, and Euphemia turned to the other four. "Why does Sirius have a glamour charm on?", she asked, concerned.

"Oh, you know Sirius, he loves to do those glamour charms on his hair.", Peter laughed.

Euphemia shook her head, "No, it wasn't on his hair."

"W-What?", Remus asked, his face paling.

roads

Sirius loved Muggle London, though he knew his parents would hate it. Perhaps that's why he loved it. He loved the feeling of the wind in his hair as he zipped through the streets on his sleek black bike.

His stomach grumbled loudly, the glamour charm wavering as he looked down for a split second. Sirius neared the cafe, his head spinning as he parked his motorbike.

The waitress, Claude, who had gotten used to Sirius and his friends coming into the cafe, smiled at him as he walked up to the glass.

"Your usual, Sirius?", she asked, taking the order down, "Would you like that in here or are you taking them back to your friends?"

"I'm actually taking them back to my friends and my parents, but I'll sit here for a bit. Six muffins.", Sirius said, holding on to the glass to steady him, "Could I get a glass of water too?"

"Anything for my favourite customer.", she winked, "You okay?"

Sirius nodded, though he felt everything but okay, sitting down at a booth. He looked at the glass of water that Claude had set down, "I'll be right back with those muffins.", she promised.

Sirius stared at his hands, the table seemed to be spinning. He rested his head on the cool table.

I'll rest for a little bit

He closed his eyes, and everything went black.