(3) Wild, Wild West The only danger was myself

Chapter 55

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

3:03 pm

(Ivan's POV)

I angrily stare out the window as two people on horses run by. I grit my teeth to try to drown out the sound of spoons, and forks scraping the bowels. I look over to Jen and Dominique, they were slowly eating their food. Dominique spooned some rice into her mouth while Jen was struggling to cut the steak on her plate. I pick up my mug and drink the rest of my coffee. I put the cup down disappointingly. I wish they sold Ca Phe Sua Da. That coffee was so much better than what this is.

I look over to Dominique.

"Can we go now?" I complained. Dominique barely glanced at me before responding.

"You know what you can go, just make sure you take your self off our team." He said annoyed. I smile as he started to scoot out of his seat to let me out.

Finally! They've been eating for two hours.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

4:56 am

Sombra slowed down as the Kirin ran down the hill. There was less and less snow the further we went down. I spot a forest at the bottom of the hill. I stroke Sombra's sides as Sombra lowered himself down into the ground. The wet sloshing of water could be heard as the dirt in front of us turned to mud. Mud flew through the air as Sombra slid on the mud.

"Sombra you're so smart!" I happily say as Sombra neared the bottom of the hill. I heard the sound of grass moving in the wind behind me. I look to the side only to see a brown-skinned man sliding down the hill while his horse was running by his side. He had a hat that had yellow, emoji smiles accompanied by a large, face hurting smile. The corner of his lips looked like they were forced to be up at all times. Is he just way too happy or does he have some sort of problem? How is he even sliding down the hill anyway?

I point my finger at him and spin a wind arrow around my finger. The guy ignored me as he jumped and grabbed the horse's saddle. The horse sped up as I released my arrow. I was suddenly knocked off my horse as a log smacked my face. The guy's horse could be heard running off into the forest. The side of my head throbbed with pain as I got back up onto Sombra. I glared at the guy's back as Sombra sped up to catch up to the guy. The guy hummed a loud happy tone. Did this guy predict my attack? How come he didn't attack back?

Sombra quickly caught up, Sombra ran behind the guy's horse. I send a wind arrow at the guy's back. The guy turned a sharp right. Sombra couldn't turn in time. Sombra quickly ran off a tiny ledge that had a rock at the bottom. Sombra quickly changed into necklace form. I quickly catch myself with the wind and fly back onto the ledge. Sombra quickly changed back into his original form. Sombra quickly took off towards the guy the second I put myself on Sombra's back.

Sombra rushed through the forest with little difficulty, it felt like the forest was shifting around to stray away from Sombra. In what felt like just a few seconds, Sombra once again was able to catch up to the guy again. I raise up my finger and start spinning a wind arrow around my finger. I put down my finger and shake my head. He's just going to doge my arrow again. I stare at him before patting Sombra to make the Kirin speed up. I wonder what his power is though.

The second I pass him, he suddenly sped up. Without me doing anything, Sombra quickly followed behind. Maybe I can hurt that guy. I take out a poster and point it in the guy's direction. Sword like Icicles flew out of the poster. The guy's horse suddenly started widely running from tree to tree as one icicle penetrated the guy's shoulder. The guy stopped behind a tree and reached into a pocket on the side of his horse's saddle. He pulled out a First-aid kit, before the guy could do anything I quickly shot a wind arrow into the guy's neck. The guy's body fell to the ground, he didn't make a single sound as his body fell. There wasn't even a look of fear or any emotion on the guy's face.