Haha funny number

Chapter 69

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

6:56 am

(Ivan's POV)

I groan as I use both of my hands to wipe the water from my face into the sink. I felt my chest tightened as the two stubs on my hand came into view. I sigh as I glance at the boxes hovering at my side. I look away and take out a towel from out of my Inventory and wipe the remaining water off my face. I stare down at my stubs and form two finger-shaped icicles on my hands. I stuck an icicle in the shape of an index finger onto the stub. I blink slowly as the icicle fell off into the sink. I crushed the finger in my left hand and punched the finger in the sink. I loud thud filled the room. The room fell completely quiet, the room quickly filled up with my quick, loud breathing through my mouth. I tear fell down my cheek, my eye twitched the more I looked at my stubs. I look away and towards the boxes.

I took a deep breath as the twitching in my eye stopped. I took slow, deep breaths as Gamer's Mind activated. I looked at the box and read what it said.

Thanks to the repeated use of skills, multiple skills leveled up!

Lvl 18 Physical Endurance -> Lvl 24(14%) Physical Endurance

Lvl 1 Shotgun Mastery -> Lvl 8(58%) Shogun Mastery

I sigh as I close the box. I lift my right hand to my chest and take out my watch. I quickly put on my watch and take out my green ring. I use my middle finger to hold the ring as I slip my left finger into the ring. I then take out the necklace I got from the robbery yesterday. I frown at the sight of the necklace.

"I lose two fingers, all I got was a necklace and not even that much money." I toss the necklace into the air and let the wind put the necklace around my neck. I stare emotionlessly at my reflection before walking to the door of the bathroom. "At least the necklace looks good."

I walk into my room and grab my backpack by my bed. I walk out of my room and into the living room. I look over at the kitchen island and see Goldie standing proudly while holding a plate of pancakes. I check my watch. I think I just have enough time to eat. I walk over to the island and sit down on a stool. Goldie set down the plate in front of me. Her hand lingered near the plate. I reach for the fork resting on the side of the plate. Before I could grab the fork, Goldie suddenly took the plate away from me. I look up at her with a shocked expression. She pointed towards my right hand and held up the plate of pancakes. I sit up straight on the stool as I wait for her to ask a question.

"What happened yesterday?" I play around with the fingers in my left hand as I stuff my right hand into my pocket.

"I got shot at."

"Tell me everything, Ivan." She said in a commanding voice. A strange, tense feeling washed over my body as I stared into her eyes. My gaze immediately turned towards the floor as I responded.

"I robbed a bank." I felt her gaze burn a hole in the back of my head. The strange feeling got stronger the more Goldie kept being quiet. I hesitantly look up, her eyes had a look of disappointment. I quickly look back down before she finally said something.

"Why!" I open my mouth to speak, but before I could speak Goldie continued on. "I know you have a lot of money, you don't have to pay rent or a mortgage, you don't pay taxes, you don't have you pay for anything." My chest swirled with the strange feeling as I responded.

"I have to buy something for the camp," I whispered under my breath. For some reason, I couldn't find the confidence to raise my voice and lie my way out of the problem like I usually do. It felt wrong to lie to Goldie, I couldn't force myself to do it. "And I didn't want to use my own money." Goldie set down the plate and reached for my necklace. She grabbed the triangle design hanging off my chain and gently raised it up to her eyes. She carefully looked at the necklace. I could see her grind her teeth as her hand started to shake in anger. She left go of the necklace and gently set down the plate of pancakes on the island.