Just a bit of exploring

Chapter 66

Sunday, May 11, 2014

6:57 am

I groan as I stumble in the direction of Coach's cabin. I stop and look back toward the camp. I smile as I see the camp being to fill with ant-sized people. My smile faded as my muscles ached with a heavy, sleepy feeling. I look back and start to make my way towards Coach's cabin. I whined as the bruise around my eye constantly reminded me of the boot that I took to my face. I let out a slight yelp as my foot slipped onto its side. I wince as all my weight was put onto the side of my foot. I sucked in air through my teeth as I bent down and planted my butt on the ground. My foot felt heavy, it felt like hell to move it just a bit. I take a deep breath of air and force myself back up to my feet. I drag my injured foot across the ground, the pain in my foot felt like it was constantly pushing on the sides of my feet. A smile quickly formed the second I saw Coach's cabin in the distance.

I stop and take a few rapid breaths. I take out a small health potion and quickly put it back into my Inventory. My health is already full, but the injuries from the fight aren't healed yet. I lift a hand up to my eye and lightly touch the bruise circling my eye. A sharp sting went through my skill the second my finger touched it. The small injuries are healed but the ones I actually have to worry about aren't healed. I touched the other side of my face and felt a flaky, plastic feeling on the side of my face. I picked at my skin until I felt something hang off the side of my face. I grab whatever was hanging off my face and saw tiny pieces of white plastic in-between my fingers. Is this my skin? I stared at what I assumed was my skin and threw it onto the ground.

I forced myself to walk through the pain and towards Coach's cabin. I took a deep breath as I approached the front door of the cabin. Before I could get a chance to knock the door swung wide open to reveal a tall muscular man in what looked like his late twenties. The man had bright blue eyes with an intelligent focused look. He had his hair swept to the side. I notice a tiny circle-shaped scar in the middle of his neck. I back up as he looked down at me. My body froze up as his eyes focused on me. His eyes flickered up and down my body. His eyes were mostly focused on the wounds littering my body. He lifted his hand and held it up to his chest. My eyes widen as a ball of water formed out of nowhere right above his hand. I flinch as the ball levitated in my direction. My heart raced as the ball touched my chest. I felt the heavy, fat feeling around my eye as my body felt a soothing, calm feeling flow through my body. I stared down at my chest in confusion, I lift up my foot and twist it around. To my surprise, all that pain that made it hard to walk disappeared. I look up towards the man, he nodded and walked off without saying anything. I look over my shoulder and stare at the man as he walked away.

I look back towards the cabin and knock on the door. I look over my shoulder and stare at the man. Who is he? He has to be one of the oldest people here at camp, everyone I met has been around my age or their barely reaching the age of seventeen. But he's an adult, why don't I see adults more often at camp? Are they out somewhere, or do they not exist? I was snapped out of my thoughts the second I hear the sound of a door opening. I look towards the door to see Coach towering over me. I took a step backward as he took a step forward. Coach pointed towards the cuts and tears in my shirt.

"What happened to you?"

"I got into a fight." Coach gave a curt nod.

"So what did you want to talk about?" he asked with a hostile tone.

"I wanted to talk about the camp's walls," I said while pointing behind me and toward the stone walls. Coach took a step back and stepped to the side

"Just come inside." I nod as I walk inside. Coach walked over to his desk, I walked toward Coach's desk and sat down on a wooden chair that was right in front of his desk. Coach leaned back in his chair and cross his legs. I stared at the down ground as Coach began to question me. "What happened when you climbed those walls.