The debt collector

Chapter 73

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

4:05 pm

(Ivan's POV)

I enter my room and drop my backpack by the side of my door. I glance around the room looking for anything to do. I've done all my homework, I don't have to study, there's nothing that needs to be done. I could get the insecticide that Alice needed, but I'm going to get the solar panel parts tomorrow anyway. I glance over to the TV hanging on my wall and the gaming consoles sitting underneath the TV. I don't like playing video games by myself either. I could go to the camp and see what Qaid needs. But I don't want Coach asking me what happened when I went down the trap door.

My mind quickly flashed back to when I fought Dominique. I take out the piece of paper Dominique gave me and look at it. The people who owe Dominique money are supposed to pay today. I don't wanna do it but at least it will pass the time. I turn around and put the paper into my Inventory. I quickly turn around and take out a poster.

If I'm going to go out anyway, I might as well ask Qaid if we need anything.

I just hope that Coach doesn't try to ask me anything.

4:15 pm

I walk into the Fūjin cabin and look around for Qaid. I spot Qaid talking to Jax in the corner of the room. I walk over to Qaid and tap on his shoulder. Qaid looked up at me with a glare. Jax shifted uncomfortably as Qaid got up. Qaid walked to him until he was right in my face. He breathed heavily, he lifted up his chin in an attempt to look intimidating. I back up and look him in the eye.

"Outside now," Qaid commanded as he walked out of the cabin without a word. I look at Jax, Jax looked away and stared into the corner. I follow after Qaid, I walk over to the side of the cabin, Qaid stood still with his arms crossed. I stop just a few feet away from him. I felt my chest swirl with uneasiness. What is he angry about now?

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked Qaid in the most gentlest voice I could fake.

"You lied, again!" What is he talking about?

"What did I lie about?" Qaid stomped his foot and took a step forward.

"We could've had wind turbines! Instead, we have to settle with solar panels!" Qaid yelled as he pointed up at the sky. Qaid snorted as he took a deep breath. Is he talking about when I talked to Fūjin? I did say that solar panels make more energy than wind turbines. Maybe he's angry about that? If he's talking about anything else, then I don't have a clue what he is talking about.

"What's wrong with solar panels?"

"Wind turbines generate more energy than solar panels. I wouldn't care if you didn't know that, but I mind that you just casually lied to our dad."

"Oh," I look over to the side and fake sheepishly looking at the ground. I use Illusion and make my cheeks pink. "I didn't know that," I say in a squeaky voice. Qaid took a few steps forward and wound his arm back. I felt the side of my face tingle.

I watch as Qaid's hand opened, I easily duck out of the way as Qaid's hand tried to slap my cheek. I quickly move to his side and sidestep behind him. Qaid heavily breathed as he turned around. I drop the illusion on my cheeks and glare into Qaid's eye.

"What was that for?" Qaid's face turned pink as he clutched his chest. I tap my foot waiting for him to catch his breath.

"I'm tired of you lying," Qaid said through gasps of air.

"I'm not lying, I didn't know that wind turbines made more energy than solar panels." Qaid took a step forward and grabbed my shirt. He formed a fist and drew his arm back. I stare up at him with confusion. I know Qaid can't use magic, he might be stronger and taller than me but I have more experience fighting. He's definitely not used to exercise or moving around though. I might not be able to use my aerokinesis skills on him though, I still have my cryokinesis skills though. I put my palm on his stomach and use Wind Cannon. Nothing happened to him, not even a sign that he was hit.