Happy Birthday!

Chapter 33

Sunday December 1,2013

12:45 pm

(Ivan's POV)

"Why do we need other person to go on a quest?" I say as I reach into the container filled with spicy fries. Michael sat on the other side of the table.

"I don't know! That's what Coach said."

"Who's Coach?" I bit into the fries, instantly my mouth felt like it was on fire.  

"That tall guy." Michael said. I bit my lip as I started tapping my foot. The spicy taste filled my mouth. I start sweating as the spiciness intensified with each second.. "We still need one more person to go with us though. You got anyone yet?"

"N-no," I took a deep breath as tears welled up in my eyes. "You?" I quietly say as my mouth was filled with pain. I take out a bottle of water and quickly chug down the entire thing. Michael casually bit into a fistful of fries.

"Nah, all the people I know were busy." A chair beside me was pulled out, a familiar person with blond hair sat down in the chair. 

"Hey." Alice said as she sat down. Michael and I greeted her as we continued our conversation.

"What are we supposed to do? We can't go without another person/" Michael said. Alice's hand gravitated towards the container. I reached toward the container, I made sure that my hand blocked hers. I kept my hand in the container as she waited for me to pull my hand out. 

"I don't know." I said. A face of annoyance appeared on Alice's face. 

"Should we tell Coach?"

"What are you talking about?" Alice asked. I ignored her.

"I guess." I replied. I leaned back in my chair. I really wanted to leave camp. It's so boring here. Michael faced Alice. 

"We're going on a quest, but we need one more person." Michael said as he rested his head on his hand. Alice's face lit up with excitement, her face quickly went back to normal after a few seconds.

"Why are you leaving?" Alice asked as Michael shrugged. I grabbed a fistful of fries and stuffed them into my mouth. I instantly regretted my decision as a painful sensation covered the insides of my mouth again.

"We have to find someone in Chicago. I don't know who though." 

"How are you supposed to find someone if you don't know what they look like?" Michael shrugged at the question. Alice reached into the container and grabbed a fry. I stared at her as she ate the fry. She didn't even ask! The spicy feeling went away, but was instead replaced by a constant sting. Michael looked like he was lost in thought. Michael turned his head in my direction.

"Ivan did you ask Alice?" I shook my head as Alice's face wrinkled up. She grabbed some more fires and ate them with a little bit of hesitation. Michael rolled his eyes as he faced Alice.

"Alice you want to come with us?" Michael asked. Alice's face brightened up. She quickly nodded her head as a wide smile formed on her face.

"Mmmm!" Alice responded excitedly. 

"Just meet us at that little house on the top of the hill as sunrise." Alice nodded as she stared at the fries.

"Where did you get these." Michael shrugged as I got annoyed.

"I! Was hungry so I got bought fries with chicken nuggets at the market. Then Michael asked for some so I gave him some. Then he just started taking my fries without asking." Michael muttered a faint, "Sorry." Alice glanced to the side.