Misleading Heist

Chapter 68

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

5:32 pm

(Ivan's POV)

I fumbled with my fingers as Qaid stared intently at my phone with a look that was mixed with surprise and disappointment. His lips trembled as he handed me my phone.

"There's nothing, I would have at least thought there would be a river, maybe some trees," Qaid said with a weak voice.

"There was a tree, but that was the entrance to the camp." I put my phone on the table. I stared at my other siblings in my cabin happily playing a game of Uno. There were a few other people a few feet away from them talking about random subjects. I looked back at Qaid. His gaze was focused on the blank, wooden surface of the table.

"We can use Solar Panels to produce electricity, the area is open and I doubt the clouds will block the sun a lot."

"I think the problem is that it's too open, what if people come across the panels and then the entrance to the camp."

"Someone I was with told me that Coach will take care of that problem." Qaid stared up from the table and into my eyes.

"Was that a lie?" I froze up as my lie of me having Pseudologia fantastica quickly came back to me.

"Why would I lie." I tried my best to keep myself from showing nervousness. My heartbeat against my chest as I waited for Qaid's response. Why didn't I think of a better excuse? Qaid stared at me with suspicious a look. "You can even ask Coach, one of my friends. I swear I'm not lying about this." Qaid had an unamused look.

"I'll ask Coach later then. Either way, we're going to have to build the generator, the panels, the wires. Then we would actually have to find some way to get electricity to travel throughout the camp. You think we can use some people who can use lighting or electricity to power a generator? That would be less work than setting up panels too."

"That could work, I think that would better. If we do go with the generator idea, where would we put it? Would we have to-" I stop talking and look down at the table. Qaid had a confused look on his face as we both look down at my buzzing phone.

"You get signal here?" I grab my phone and take a look at the screen. I smack my lip as the name 'Dominique' on top of the screen. I get up from my chair and look over at Qaid.

"Can you wait a bit?" I asked. Qaid quickly nodded his head. I nod back and turn around to quickly walk out of the cabin. I rush towards the side of the cabin and answer my phone.

"What do you want," I say with gritted teeth.

"Are you busy?" Dominique said with a hint of excitement in his voice.

"I'm really busy."

"Me and Jenny have this one bank we're going to rob, I was gonna ask if you wanna join." I could use the money to buy solar panels and other equipment.

"How much money does this bank have?"

"I don't know!" I roll my eyes while I think about hanging up.

"Do you at least have a plan?"

"I wouldn't be calling if I didn't." I let out a loud sigh.

"Sure, where should we meet?"

"Meet up at my gun shop." I hold the phone up to my face the second I hear the sound of a beep come from my phone. I smacked my lip as I saw that he already hung up. I put the phone back into my Inventory and walk back to my cabin. I open the door and walk over to Qaid. "Qaid, I have to go somewhere, but I'll try to get the solar panels today."