Winter break!!!!

Chapter 46

Saturday, December 21, 2013

3:15 pm

(Ivan's POV)

The girl stared blankly at the crates in front of her as she opened her mouth to say something. Her messy hair was tied back, her eyes had dark circles under her eyes. She bent down, trying to her best not to spill her coffee.

"How did- did you get these?" She opened the crate and picked up a bottle. I notice Qaid open his mouth to respond. Before he could respond, I interrupted.

"I bought these." She had an uneasy look on her face.

"They do that now?"

"Yeah," I said as I nod.

"Why do you want my cabin's help anyway?" Before I could think about what to say, my mouth moved by itself.

"Inari Ōkami is a god of prosperity and success. I just think it would be good if you guys would help."

"What about the other cabins whose parent is the god of medicine. Why didn't you ask them for help?"

"They didn't want to help." Qaid stood there silently. It looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't. The girl was silent as sipped her coffee. She grinded her teeth as she stood up.

"We'll help. But, I want something from it."

"What do you want?"

"Can you make... flowing water?" What? Before I could ask what she meant Qaid stepped in.

"What do you mean by that?," Qaid asked.

"You know, like faucets. Toilets that work."

"Only if you help us first."

"I already agreed, now I'm just waiting for you." Can we even do that? I looked at Qaid, hoping he had an answer.

"We'll try our best." She gave a slight smile as she nodded happily and drank from her coffee mug. Qaid looked towards me and nudged me. "Give her the crates." I nod as I quickly take out all the crates from out of my Inventory. The girl's eyes widen as the crates started to fill the room. When I took out the last crate I walk over back I looked over at her.

"Is that it?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"Th-thanks."

Qaid walked towards the door and looked over his shoulder to stare at the girl.

"We have to go now."

I wave at her as I and Qaid walked out the door. We walked in silence for a bit before I looked at him

"So when are we going to start on the water thing."

"You wanna start on Monday?" I really don't want to start on Monday. I don't want to do anything on Monday. Or Tuesday.

"I'm busy on Monday."

"Wednesday then?"

"That's fine with me."

"See you later?"

"Yeah, see you on Wednesday."

Monday, December 23, 2013

7:30 am

I jolt up with a sense of dread. Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something? I get up while trying not to wake up Goldie. As I grab my backpack to get ready for school, I suddenly remember what I forgot.