Not born equal

Chapter 39

Sunday, December 8, 2013

9:32 am

(Ivan's POV)

I sit down at the table. I look around and feel a familiar smell coming from the books. This library feels exactly like the one in Chicago. Just a little bit more outdated. I stare at the books I picked out. I don't feel like reading right now. I take out my phone and turn it on. I should probably set this up. I took me a few minutes to set everything up except the apple ID part, I don't have that. After everything was set up I put it back in my Inventory. I don't know what to do with that,  I have no one to call or text either. I pull out the PS Vita box and take out the device. The device was small, the PS Vita was simply black. I press the buttons, they made a satisfying click noise. I turn it on and set up everything up. Once everything was set up, it a showed me a video of how to use it. My eyes widen as it showed me the screen being touch screen. I just thought we had to use the buttons! It took me so long to scroll up!

I groan and take out a game called Persona 4 Golden. I opened the case to reveal a tiny little cartridge. I take it out of the box and inspect the PS Vita. Where do I put in the game? It took me awhile, but I eventually found a tiny little slot. I put in the Cartridge and load the game. I make a new save file.

The game was mostly reading, half an hour later I was finally able to move my character. I don't know much about the story but from what I could tell from the game, there is a murder in tiny Japanese town called Inaba. For some reason the characters can go into a TV to fight demons? I don't know where the TV idea came from, it's creative I guess. I hear chair next to me slide back. I look to my side and see Alice sit by my side. 

"Where were you? Me and Michael tried looking for you."

"The Nekomata chased me throughout Chicago. " Alice's eyes widen.

"How did you survive?"

"I ran."

"I know, but how did they not catch you?"

"I hid." Alice sighed and looked at my clothes.

"New clothes?"

"Yeah."

"They look nice." 

"Thanks." These clothes better look nice, they cost alot of money. She looked at my PS Vita.

"What's that?" She moved her books to the side and leaned in my direction.

"A PS Vita." I say while making character  go into this castle. The hall in the castle was straight. In the hall was a single black blob with a white mask. I make my character go up to the blob and smack it. A battle starts and the music plays. I go to my moves and try to pick a move that seemed good. I think I'm getting how to fight in this game now. Battles in this game are pretty simple, if its your turn you can attack, guard, use a magic attack, use an item, or anything like that. Your teammates and enemies can do the same. That only thing that separates your teammates, you from enemies is that your teammates and yourself can use these things called personas. They pretty much let you use magic spells when these weird deities that came out of you or your teammates. The character you control can switch personas, your teammates can't for some reason. 

I click on a spell, my character yells , "Izanagi!" and I get a critical attack. I get another turn and I use the same spell on the other enemy. This time I didn't get a critical attack.

"Why is Izanagi in this? They even have Jiraiya!"

It's a war out there everyday

"Are they supposed to be important?