Another training arc!

Chapter 62

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

10:09 pm

(Ivan's POV)

My body felt heavy as I collapse onto my bed. I felt eyes close before the mattress felt like it vanished. A shock went down my spine as my body suddenly shook. I sit back up and groan. I get back up and take out a pair of pajamas. I weakly grip my shirt, my arm felt heavy just attempting to lift my shirt. I let my arm drop to my side and bend down to take off my shoes. My head waved from side to side before I could even reach my shoes. I lay back down on my mattress and try to manipulate the wind to take off my clothes.

What felt like the weight of a building fell on top of me as I felt the wind slowly move beside me. I quickly stop moving the wind and groan. My door opened, Goldie quickly walked in. Goldie stared down at me while she stood in the middle of the doorway.

"Are you okay," she asked with concern. I groan in response. "Are you sick?" I weakly shake my head.

"Just tired." She walked over to the bed and stood over me. Her eyes glowed a dim red before they went back to her normal bright brown eyes.

"You overworked yourself using magic right?" I nod.

"How did you know?"

"You look like you went days without sleep, plus I felt you control the wind but slowly." She sat down on the mattress beside me. "Is this the first time you overworked yourself with magic?"

"When I first used magic, I ran out of it quickly, but now when I run out of magic I get tired.|

"When you ran out, were you ever fighting, or were you really nervous?"

"I was fighting when I ran out of magic in the beginning."

"I'm guessing you ran out of magic then regenerate your magic only to repeat the cycle?" I nod while she stayed silent for a moment. "Are you going to overwork yourself again?"

"Why would I? I have never felt more tired or sick than this."

"If you want to get better at magic, you have to practice." I reluctantly sit up and look over at her.

"If I wanted to practice I wouldn't overwork myself like that."

"You won't get better if you're comfortable during practice. It's like working out your body, when you exercise enough, you might feel very tired when you're done; but, you'll be stronger after you rest."

"But when I do practice, even though I don't practice much, my magic gets better anyway."

"You're new to magic, of course, you would still improve without much practice, in the future when you're better with magic, being comfortable won't help."

"Either way, I don't need to practice magic, what I'm doing doesn't even need magic."

"What are you doing then?"

"I'm just making the Shinto camp better." Goldie smiled before responding."

"Can you be more specific?"

"I'm just fixing up the camp, improving things that need improving." Goldie nodded.

"That's nice." Goldie nodded. "You're introducing modern technology to the camp right?" I nod slowly. "Don't you need a different kind of metals then? I can teach you how to easily get metal from the ground." I stare at her for a second. Does she still want me to overwork myself? The way she suddenly brought it up feels like bait to force me to train.