Short chapter for yall

Chapter 57

Friday, January 23, 2014

12:42 pm

(Ivan's POV)

I look at my phone and look back up. I found myself on a street with nice-looking houses, with nice cars to go along with the houses. The houses had bright, short grass with pretty yards with flowers. I don't think I've seen a street like this in Chicago, yet there are so many streets like this in Austin. I walk down the street and look down at my phone. I follow the GPS on my phone until it told me I arrived at my destination. I look up and see a house with only one floor. The house was wide to make up for its height. I notice a driveway on the side of the house, there was a 1999 Black Sudan. The bottom parts of the Sudan were caked in dirt. I look back at the house. The front door was in the middle of the house, there with two windows on the door's sides. This is where Michael lives?

I look back down at my phone and retype the address Michael gave me. The house in front showed up. I put my phone in my Inventory. Before I took one step towards the house I stop myself. What do I say to his mom? I can't just walk up to the house and knock. What if she doesn't even believe me? I take a deep breath before walk up nervously to the door and knock softly on the door. I fiddle with my hands as time passed. I took a step back when the sound of stomping could be heard rushing up to the door. The door banged, the sound of a lock clicking followed shortly afterward. The door opened up to reveal a woman with a black long black messy pony tail. She had had bright green eyes, her eyes were slightly ruined by dark purple bags under her eyes. She looked terrified as she stared down at me.

"Yes?" She asked confusedly. Her voice sounded sweet and full of compassion. I pinch myself before I respond.

"I-um-I know you're- your son is Michael," I said. I tried staring at her in the eye, but I couldn't help but look down at the floor. I calm myself down and look back up at her. Her face was filled with fear, her hands shook as she gripped the doorway tightly.

"Di-did something happen to him?" She said while biting her lip. I quickly shake my head.

"N-no, I was just wondering if you would um- like to see Michael soon? I'm doing this as a surprise." She smiled and stepped to the side.

"Can you please come in?" I sheepishly nod and walk-in. I look around the house, on my right was the entrance to the living room. There was another doorway in the living room but I couldn't see the other room. The living room had the normal stuff you could see in a living room, mostly couches and a Tv. On my left was a hallway where I assumed where the rooms were. In front of me was a kitchen. There was a door on the right. side of the kitchen that led to the backyard. There was an island in the middle of the kitchen with two stools at the front. Michal's mom led me towards the kitchen. She pulled a stool back and walked around the island. I sit on one stool on the left.

"Thank you." I try my best to politely say. She smiled sweetly before opening a cabinet and pulled out a tiny bag of chips. She tossed the chips in front of me and walked back towards the other stool beside me. She grabbed the stool and moved to the other side of the island. I looked at the bag of chips. Did she try to give this to me? She sat down on the stool and looked down at the chips.

"Do you want something else?" I shake my head.

"I didn't know it was for me." I quietly say. I grab the bag and open it. It grabbed the chip and put it in my mouth.

"So how did you get here?" She asked.

"I-uh, took a bus here? I walked a little bit too." She nodded silently.