The Beginning

Chapter 1

Saturday December 1, 2012

7:16 pm

(Ivan's POV)

"Ivan Torres, get your ass over here right now!"

As I get up from the rug that I call my bed I shudder thinking what she is going to do to me. I wonder if it's the usual, go get cigarettes from the store, or my favorite chore; clean the whole god damn house or else you get belt. I walk out of my room and head down the stairs. I swear these stairs are going to break any time I take a step on them. If you couldn't already tell, the house my parents and I live isn't exactly the best place to live. It's actually the opposite the house looks like a abandoned house, it has mold almost everywhere, and it's the only wooden house on the block! When I reach the bottom of the stairs, I see that she is looking at me intensely. On instinct I start to stare at the floor.

"Sit down on the chair I got something to ask you." Well I should probably see what my mom wants.

(Third Person limited POV)

He walks up to the chair still staring at the floor. He pulls the chair back and sits at it. His mom looks at him with a look that says this is a waste of time, but Ivan didn't notice this.

"Now let's say if the gods from all of mythology were real, and this person wanted to kill them would you join him?" 'I don't know if this is a trick so I should probably play this safe.'

"Well it depends if they deserve to be killed or not, and it depends on the reason" Anthony says in a squeaky tone. He glances back up at his mom, only to see she is looking at him curiously.

"The reason is personal." 'What is this about anyways? I mean the question is weird and would probably never happen. Should I give her a fake answer or not? This seems serious. It feels like my life is on the line here. I will just say what I actually think then.'

Unsure if he is making the right choice he says, "Well I wouldn't join the guy. There wouldn't be no real reason to." At this statement his mom leans forward in her chair, with the most serious look on her face and says, "If you join him you would get anything you want. You could live in a mansion, have all the food in the world, you could even become a god yourself."

Ivan's brain starts to hurt at this point. Until he came to a sudden realization, 'can gods die? It has to be a trick question.' Completely sure he is making the right choice he picks his head back up. "No, I wouldn't join him. It would be completely useless to try to kill a god. They're gods they cant be killed.

His mom let out a sigh and almost like she expected him to answer this way she quickly replied, "Go to your room and go to sleep." She got up from her chair and headed towards the door. 'What is she doing?' He got up from his chair and went up the stairs to go to his room. When he was at top of the stairs his mom was already out the door. As he walked to the little corner that had the rug that he slept on he thought, 'Why was she serious about one little question? What was the point of that? She usually never talks to me, maybe she was drunk or high.' He laid down on his rug and pulled the blanket over himself. In just a few seconds he fell asleep.

Sunday December 2, 2012

12:00 am

(Third person limited POV)

One moment he was in deep sleep and the next moment he was awake. It felt like his body has this urge to jolt his body into getting up. He slowly got up and let out a groan from waking up. He opened his eyes only to be met with boxes floating in front of him.

Welcome to the game!

Press start to begin your adventure!

Start