Crickets have weird legs

Chapter 27

Monday November 25, 2013

10:21 am

(Ivan's POV)

I stare into the man's eyes. "What did you expect me to look like?" The man's eyes flickered between me and Michael.

"I don't know, I just thought you would looked different." I stared at him blankly, he looked at Michael for a bit. "Michael you can go now."

"Oh. Okay." He turned his head towards me. "Imma wait for you outside. Bye!" We walked outside before I could respond. Why would wait for me? What a weirdo. I look around the room for a second. The room had a homey atmosphere to it. There was a couch backed up to the wall. In the very back of the room was a fridge along with a microwave in the wall by it's side. The guy cleared his throat before talking.

"So I heard you're a runaway." The guy said in a stern tone as he leaned back in his chair. 

"Kind of." His gaze felt like it was looking into my mind. My body tensed up under his gaze. 

"Okay, you'll going to be living in the camp for now on." 

"Wait why!" Living in the camp looks like torture. Plus there's the random monster attacks on the camp. I wouldn't want to live here. The guy's gaze didn't stop feeling uncomfortable.

"Well, demigods attract monsters with just their magic. It's dangerous for demigods to live outside the camp without anybody near by."

"I can fight though. Plus I've been living without my mom for almost a year with no problems. Barely any monsters  came to attack me." He put his finger on his chin.

"Better safe than sorry." I hate that phrase! It's so annoying. I can take care of myself anyways. "Oh, I want to talk about your powers." Does he know what about the weird boxes appearing randomly in my face? Finally, maybe I can learn something about it. It would be nice to get rid of them. It does have its benefits though, it's still annoying. I wouldn't want it. "I wanted to ask, how did you learn to use your powers?" Oh, he doesn't know about the boxes. I slumped into my chair.

"I woke up one day and felt something weird. It just comes naturally to me. I learned all of it on my own." His gaze somehow made me more uncomfortable.

"Do you know the basics or do you just attack without thinking."

"I think I know the basics." He gave a slight nod.

"Alright, you can go now." I happily stood up and walked out out the room. The sun attacked my eyes as soon as I stepped out of the room. I instinctively closed my eyes as I walked away from the building. I slightly opened to looked around. I looked over the camp on a hill. The camp looked tiny, kind of like an ant pile. Once my eyes were used to the bright sun, I opened my eyes. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Michael smiling at me.

"Hey." He really did wait for me. Why though?

"Hey."

"Oh, did you know that there's a forest behind here?" 

"Cool." I said in a bored tone. I turned around to walk towards the camp, Michael suddenly grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the back of the building. I tried pulling my hand away from his grip, but he grip was too strong. "Can you let go!" Michael looked over his shoulder.

"Oh, sorry." He let go of my arm. I quickly bring it to my side. He turned around and started walking backwards. "C'mon I want to see what's in the woods!"  I roll my eyes and follow him. It's not like I have anything else to do. Except that parade I wanted to go to. I'm still annoyed about that. I follow Michael into the woods. He was happily looking around, exploring what ever we came across. Not like we came across anything interesting anyways. Maybe some weird trees occasionally. Michael stopped for a little bit. "Is that a mango tree?"He said excitedly. I looked off into the distance, the only thing I could see were trees.