Start of a struggle

A/n: Just to make things easier for me words written like this, Hi, will be Spanish.

Chapter 95

Wednesday, May 29, 2014

1:03 pm

(Ivan's POV)

I open the back of the van, a blast of hot air rushed into the van. Sweat quickly started to form on my forehead as I got out of the van. I held the umbrella over my head as I formed an ice cube in my free hand. I held up the ice cube to my forehead, I rubbed it across my forehead as I walked to the front of the van. Why in a desert? I hate this, it sucks, its so hot. My clothes are sticking to my chest, a desert is a bad place for a vampire. There's no shade, its only sand. I hate all this cacti too. I place the ice cube in my mouth and let it rest on my tongue as white van drove up to me and Jared.

I crunched on the ice cube and formed two ice cubes on my lips. I open my mouth and let the ice cubes fall into my mouth. I move the ice cubes to the corners of my cheek with my tongue. I felt a nice chill do down my neck. I watched as a old, fat Mexican man get out of the van. I look towards the four suitcases in Jared's hands. I moved in closer towards Jared.

"Are you sure we should've brought this much for a sample?" Jared look downed at me.

"How else are we supposed to show we got good product. This is just a way to get on their good side before we start selling."

"This doesn't seem so smart." I said as the old man walked towards us with a smile. The old man waved at us as he got closer.

Jared moved all the suitcases to one hand and went in for a handshake with a smile on his face. The man wiped his hands on his pants. He looked at the suitcases. The man suddenly reached into his waistband and pulled out a black pistol before any of us could react. Jared stood still from shock. The man aimed his pistol at Jared's head. I instinctively moved the sand beneath him, Jared sunk into the ground. I send a Wind Arrow at the man's head, the arrow went through his head with ease. I felt the wind rush by me as I saw a blur of gray suddenly whoosh by.

I look towards Jared, a tall man made of metal hovered over Jared. The metal encasing his body showed off his bulging muscles. Instead of normal human feet, the man instead had a slab of metal as feet. A large amount of steam rose out from his body, the bubble made of steam around him. The man swiftly punched the wrist Jared was using to hold the suitcases. He screamed as a sickening crunch came from his wrist. The man quickly swiped the suitcases as they fell.

The man suddenly disappeared in a flash and quickly flew off in the other direction. I stood there confused at what just happened. I look at the corner of my eye as a quest appeared.

New quest!

Retrieve the suitcase!

Rewards:

+100 mp

New skill

New perk

$150

250 points

750 xp

Possible failure consequences:

death

loss of product

Accept?

Yes

No