The Gateway

Chapter 72

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

12:54 am

(Michael's POV)

"You think we should get someone?" I ask Weiss as I looked at the trapdoor built into the ground. There was rusty metal handle on the side of the door. Weiss slowly nodded.

"Probably." Weiss said quietly. I look around the vast open area of different types of plants. I spot a tomato in the corner of my eye and grind my teeth. I wish the people in the kitchen didn't use so much vegetables. Almost everything I've had so far always had plants. No meat! Even when we get meat, it was always a thin piece of ham. I force myself to look away from the tomato and back at the trapdoor.

"We should we get then?" Weiss looked around and stomped her foot.

"I don't know!" Weiss said in an annoyed tone. "There has to be someone we can get!" I look up and look around again. I squint and notice a black-shaped horse figure. I focused on the figure, I smile as I see the horse look towards me. The figure had a long, black mane with a curved black horn on the top of its head. I notice a blue blanket hang off the Kirin's back as it came closer. I noticed a tiny arm hug the side Sombra. If Sombra is here, then is Ivan is here too? He could just be riding Sombra though. It's not like I could see him behind Sombra anyway. 

"We could get Ivan." Weiss stared at me with a glare in her eyes.

"I feel like he wouldn't care about this." I shrug as I look at Sombra slowly walking towards me and Weiss's direction. I notice a familiar head with bright blond hair run up to Sombra and stretch her arms wide open. Alice suddenly stopped and backed away. Sombra stopped and looked at her. Alice looked back with a wide smile, Her smile faded as I saw her eyes shift to something on Sombra's back. She looked around and finally noticed me and Weiss. I happily waved at her, it took her a second but she eventually waved back. I look towards Weiss, she was awkwardly stared in Alice's direction. She shyly waved back.

Sombra stared to walk a bit faster. Alice started to jog to catch up with Sombra. It was only a matter of minutes before Alice and Sombra approached me and Weiss. Alice looked nervous as she kept glancing at Sombra's back. Alice's hands were caked in dirt,  there was a faint smell of fertilizer around Alice. I wrinkled my nose at the smell. I look towards Sombra and notice spots of blood on the blue blanket. I flinched at the sight of blood. I instantly build up the courage and walk to the side of Sombra.

Instead of some horrifying sight, I saw Ivan peacefully sleeping under a blanket. There was pillow below his head and another blanket below his body. I take a step forward and gasp. There was a huge purple bump above his right eye. His nose was bent to the side. The bottom blanket was soaked in blood. His chest slowly rose with shallow ragged breaths. He let out a faint whistling noise every time he breathed. Alice slowed raised her hand and shook Ivan's body. Alice looked at her hand as blood stuck to her hand. She desperately wiped her hand on her pants, only a tiny spots of red appeared on her pants.

Ivan groaned as he put his hands on Sombra's neck. The blanket fell off him as he looked around. He had dark purple bags under his eyes. I notice tiny holes in his left thigh, left shoulder, and right shoulder. He hunched over as confusion fell over his face. Alice tapped his thigh. Ivan winced before looking at Alice. 

"Do you need... a bandaid or something?" Alice asked in a shaky voice. Ivan slowly shook his head as he took out a pill bottle with the label Pain B Gone. 

"Is this the camp?" 

"Where else would be you be?" Alice quickly asked.

"At a train station." Ivan slowly lifted his right leg over Sombra. Sombra bent down as Ivan slowly jumped off. Ivan softly patted Sombra's neck and looked at Alice. "Alice can you heal me?" Alice quickly nodded her head. Sombra snorted and laid down on his side. Weiss rubbed her arm uncomfortably. Alice looked at her hands before doing her hand signs.  A bright green light emitted from her hands as Ivan blankly looked into the distance. I look at the trap door and look back at Ivan.