Hygiene is very important

Chapter 59

Friday, January 23, 2014

8:05 pm

(Ivan's POV)

I look down at Michael as he appeared from beneath the poster. He looked up and reached for his blindfold. I quickly put my poster into my Inventory and walk behind him. I untie his blindfold, Michael looked around. He rubbed his eyes and looked back towards me.

"We're back in camp right?" I nod silently as I put the blindfold back into my Inventory. He sighed and rubbed the burns on his arms. He winced as skin peeled off. I stare at Michael not knowing what to do. Should I help him? I could but I don't know how Nuxiel would react. I look over my shoulder, there was a crowd of people walking by. If people see me with Michael injured, Coach will probably question me again. I don't think I can a good enough excuse to get away with it.

"Hey, Michael. You need help with those burns?" Michael looked down and brought up his arm to stare at it intensely.

"My brother will probably help." The last thing I want is for Michael to get noticed.

"Wait hold on." I take out a medium health potion out of my Inventory and hand it over to Michael.

"What's this?"

"You know that wine that Alice gives us when we get hurt?" Michael nodded. " I asked Alice to make me some. He popped the cork and chugged the whole thing down in less than ten seconds. I widen my eyes at the sight. How can he drink that fast? His wounds slowly stitched its self back together; the burns on his body returned to its natural color, soon his burns were nowhere to be seen. Michael looked around his body I ignore the sight and look down at his clothes. I take out a pair of old tennis shoes and think intensely. My clothes won't fit him. I grit my teeth as I hand him the shoes. "I know this won't fit you but... just take it." Michael took the shoes, he took off his shoes and put mine on. The ends of the shoes were crushed under Michael's feet.

I felt something crawl in my hair as Michael kept staring at his arms. I scratched violently at my hair, I felt something small skitter across my finger and back into my hair. I let out a tiny eek as the feeling of something crawling across my skin kept repeating across my finger. Michael looked at me strangely.

"You good?" Michael asked as he bent down and tried to readjust the end of the shoes. The shoes kept getting crushed back down no matter how much he adjusted the ends.

"I'm fine." My head flared up with a fire-like sensation. I wince as I kept clawing at my hair. The feeling would not go away. Why are lice a thing? "Michael, I really, really have to go," I say as the feeling got more and more intense.

"I'll guess I'll see you later then?" I nod as I turn around and quickly walk away. "Wait hold on Ivan!" I turn back around only for Michael to softly grab my shoulder. "Thanks, Ivan." He said sadly. His face quickly brightened. "How about we go somewhere else next time! Like a mirror maze, maybe a laser tag arena." Her face quickly turned to a frown. "We probably shouldn't though right?"

"We could but there's gonna be Yokai hunting us down."

"Yeahhh, it's a nice thought though." I nod silently and scratch my head. Silence loomed around us for a moment. "I'll see you later I guess." I turn to walk away.

"Yeah, see you later Michael." I quickly walk away and try my best to ignore the burning like sensation on the top of my head. I make my way to the forest.

I walked deep into the forest, I looked around before pulling out a poster over me. I drape the poster over me and snap my fingers. My vision whitened for just a second. I eventually found myself back in the middle of my room. I take the poster off my head and inspect it for lice. I smile as I saw no sign of lice. I put the poster into my Inventory and look in the direction of my bathroom.