1-1

Chapter 80

Sunday, May 24, 2014

11: 26 am

(Ivan's POV)

I watched Alice take a quick sip of her Starbucks before she made a sour face. She held the coffee away from her lips with disgust.

"How do people even drink this stuff?" Alice said with a sour expression. I take a big sip of my coffee and let the cup float in the air.

"It's good?" I said with a shrug. Alice shook her head with disdain. I loudly sigh. "It keeps people awake though." Alice took another reluctant sip of her coffee. She quickly set her cup on the ground to rub her eyes.

"I still feel tired." I silently chuckle at her response. I haven't felt tired in a long time. I just drink coffee for the taste.

"Give it some time?" I said before grabbing my cup out of the air and taking a big gulp of coffee. Alice picked up her coffee and handed her cup to me.

"I'd rather not." Alice yawned and stood up. I poured the rest of her coffee into my cup and drink the rest of my coffee. I put the cups into my Inventory and stand up. I wipe the dirt off my pants and look towards Alice. Alice rubbed her eyes and looked around at the dirt buildings. She looked towards me with confusion. "Is it really okay to build the buildings out of dirt?"

"It's just a temporary solution for now." Alice looked at me with a distrustful look. I roll my eyes at her. "I'll set up actual buildings when everything settles down." Alice shrugged.

"Are we done though?" Alice asked with a hopeful look. I shrug.

"All we have to do now is put up some walls to keep out the monsters. We can do that later though, just go ba-" I stop in the middle of my sentence as the sky suddenly turned red. I look up in confusion as Alice's eyes widened. I felt something vibrate within my chest, I instinctively take out my phone. My body stiffened as a message from Anenoid appeared on the screen.

Anenoid: Get Ready.

I quickly put the phone back into my Inventory before Alice could read the message. I nervously look up at the sky. I thought I told him to attack at two pm. Why the hell is he attacking now? I take out my spear and take a deep breath. The back of my head tingled. I swiftly step to the side and swing my spear at the flying otter trying to aim for the back of my head. I raise my eyebrow in confusion as a box suddenly appeared.

New quest!

Kill Anenoid! (again)

Rewards:

A bit more respect from the camp

+20 levels to all Umbrakinesis skills

New skill

+20 to Str

+50 Mp

$800

100 points

500 xp

Failure Consequence:

-5 levels to all Umbrakinesis skills

Accept?

Yes

No

I stare at the box for a bit before clicking yes. Alice tapped my shoulder and pointed to a large dark spike pointing up into the sky. The spike quickly shrunk as wood flied into the air. The loud clatter of wood filled the air. I look towards Alice for a second before springing off towards Anenoid. I took deep and sharp breaths as I ran past people running to a safe place. I notice an ape wearing a hat and some shorts quickly rush in from my side. I quickly use Wind Cannon to propel me forward and dodge the ape. I heard the ape's loud footsteps get closer and closer behind me, I quickly turn around and throw some pebbles at the ape. I snap my fingers and watch as the ape's skin was ripped right off its body. I quickly send my spear forward towards the ape's head. The spear went clean through as ice suddenly launched out of the ape's head. I turn around and let the spear fly right into my hands.