What could possibly go wrong

Chapter 16

Sunday December 21, 2012

12:12 pm

(Ivan's POV)

God I really wish Anenoid was smarter. Sure, his stats for Int and Wis might be higher than mine, but it doesn't show. He just had to go up to the machine and smack it. I wish he would think before he acts. And look at him now, he is on the ground in pain. In my opinion he deserves it.

The Guardian stands over him and then suddenly it quickly turns its head over to my direction. I panic and I start run into the pillars. I couldn't even get a few steps in because something grabbed my leg. I look down and I see a tube wrap itself around my leg. I then feel a tingle in my right arm, but before I could react another tube comes out of nowhere and it goes around my arm. At the same time both of the tubes went inside my body. My body tenses, then I suddenly go limp. One tube fills up with a bright orange liquid while the other tube fills up with a red liquid. When the tube on the machines back were completely full, I feel the tubes leave my body.

My body falls to the ground. I feel a burning sensation go through my body, I use Gamer's Mind to block out the pain and I quickly get up. I look at the machine and I see walking towards me. I take out Tribute and I start running. I run for a few seconds, and I only stop when I make sure that the machine stopped chasing me. When I turned around, I saw that it was completely gone. I breathe a sigh of relief. My safety didn't last long though, I hear a clicking above. I look above me, and I see the machine looking down at me with its legs holding it by penetrating the nearby pillars. Without warning the eye turns to a red color and it sends a wave of fire towards me. I use Shadow Swimming to doge it, but I was forced to get out of the shadows after two seconds.

When I left the shadows and I start running at my top speed. I slow down and notice my Mp bar was almost empty. I hide behind a random pillar and I take out a medium sized Mp potion. I drink it in two gulps, and I toss the bottle in between the pillars. I hear it shatter and I hear the crackling of fire. I look to where I threw the bottle and I see fire where the bottle landed. I look at the top the machine and notice that the crimson colored tube had a little bit less of the liquid then the rest of the other tubes. I turn around and get out Tribute.

I store twenty points of my Mp to use in my gun. I close my eyes and I try to think of something. What are the Guardian's powers? It can use fire, and maybe it can teleport? This would so much more easier if I had more information on it. The only thing I have on it is its title. Well it must be called The Copycat for a reason. My thoughts were interrupted because I sensed something coming for me. I use Wind's Cannon to launch myself to the side. I land on my arm and I look at what was about to attack me. I see a black hand come out of the pillar I was hiding behind. I saw no sign of the machine though.

I run my right and I look back at the hand. It kind of reminds me of when Anenoid used a shadow hand to grab me. The hand turns to the right, I notice this, and I run to the left. I didn't stop running until I was absolutely sure I was safe. Nope I was not safe. I turn my head to the side and I see a wave of fire coming towards me. I jump to the side, but I wasn't fast enough. My sweatpants couldn't handle the fire. The fire scorched my legs and the fire slowly made its way up my body. I fall to the ground and I try to take off the remaining part of the pants, but the fire suddenly went out. I look at my legs and I see that there was some blisters on the skin. Every passing second my legs felt like they were constantly getting held down with a burning hot piece of iron. My attention snaps back to a box that appeared in front of me, I look around and I saw nothing in sight. This box better be short.

Because you were hit with a wind attack, the perk Wind's Kiss activated!

I completely forgot about this perk! I forgot what it does it though. I close the box and I look at for the machine. I hear thumping above me, I look up and notice the tip of the Guardian poking out of a pillar. Where is the rest of its body? I didn't get much time to think about it. It came out of the pillar and when it landed on the ground, it started to chase me. I turn around and I start to run. I immediately notice that I was much more faster than I was before. Is it because of the perk? I look behind me and I notice that the red and black tube had less of the liquid than they did before. I run through some more pillars and I end up back in the middle of the room. I see Anenoid in the middle of the room looking around with a scared look on his face. I run up to him and I turn around to see if the Guardian was still following me.