Not a short chapter for ya'll

Chapter 58

Friday, January 23, 2014

12:58 pm

(Michael's POV)

I walk out of my cabin and smooth out my shirt. I run my hands through my hair and set it to the side. I crack my neck before making my way towards the colosseum. I look up into the sky as I walk. I stop dead in my tracks as I spot Ivan flying up in the air. What's he looking for now?

I hide behind a nearby building and take a deep breath. I hold my hands together then quickly put one finger up. I squeezed my eyes as I tried to remember what to do next. I put one finger up, my hands suddenly shift into a blur as I let muscle memory do its thing. A bright ball of blue formed in my hands once my hands stood still. The ball let out soft hums along with sparks flying out of the ball. I get out of my hiding spot and draw my arm back. I giggle as I charge my magic into my arm. I throw the ball at Ivan at Ivan's side, the ball went up high into the air and fell towards Ivan. My eyes widen as I realize that the ball was going to hit him. Before the ball could hit him he looked up. In a blink of an eye, he was ten feet away from the ball. I rub my eyes just to be sure and look back up at Ivan. How did he do that? Ivan snapped his neck towards my direction. I wait patiently for him as he flew in my direction. He landed on the ground in front of me softly.

"Why did you throw that me?" He said with confusion in his voice.

"It was just to mess with you, I didn't want it to hit you though." Ivan glared at me for a second.

"Either way I had to find you." Weird, he never comes to me unless he wants something.

"What for?" Ivan looked around.

"Wait, hold on. Let's go somewhere more quiet."

"Sure." Ivan turned around and walked. I shortly follow after. I scratch my arms in nervousness as we walked in silence. I just have to break the silence.

"How did you do the teleport thing?" Ivan looked over his shoulder.

"What teleport thing?

"When you looked up at the electric ball, you just suddenly teleported."

"Oh, I didn't teleport. It's more like..." He thought for just a moment. "I... I don't know how to explain it." He said with hesitation.

"You're lying! You know what it is." Ivan raised an eyebrow.

"I actually don't know what it is, I can't control it. I just randomly... it just looks like I teleport, but I don't. I know it isn't teleporting but I don't know what it is." I stare at him carefully. Maybe he actually doesn't know? "What about that eye thing? How do you do that?" It took me a moment to realize what he was asking for. I stretch out my arm with an open palm. I focus on forming a sphere in my hand. An eye with a blue iris popped out of my hand. My hand became moist as the eye rolled around my palm. Ivan shivered at just one glance. "Why can you do that?" I shrug.

"I don't know, it just kind of happened one day. Ever since then, I just kind of do it."

"Does it at least have a use?"

"Yeah, just hold on to it for a bit." I toss it up in the air. Ivan turned around with a horrified look on his face. He hugged himself tightly. I felt a strong breeze of air rush by as the eye started to hover in mid-air.

"I'm not touching that."

"Just hold on to it for a bit. Maybe just a minute?" Ivan reached out and snatched the eye out of the air with a disgusted look on his face. He held the eye between his index finger and thumb. His arm was stretched far from him; he even leaned back to maximize the distance between the eye and him.