Mommy issues

Chapter 83

Monday, May 25, 2014

5:00 am

(Ivan's POV)

My eyes opened wide as I felt the side of my stomach tingle. Before I could gain a sense of my surroundings a sharp, burning pain ran across my side. I let out a yelp as I look up. My body tensed up as I looked up at my mom holding a whip in her hand. She smiled down at me as she pointed at me.

"I thought you would get rid of that, sleeping on the floor habit. Well, at least you have a blanket this time." I look away from her to avoid her gaze. I wish I could've opened that door. I couldn't open any other door, and I know my mom wouldn't open the door for me. I didn't want to sleep on the floor, but I had to heal my injuries from yesterday's fight. I quickly get up and take out my watch from my Inventory. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the time.

I glare at my mom as I read the time as Five in the morning. I build up enough confidence as I cross my arms and lift my chin. I felt tempted to back down and cower from my mom. "What do you want?" I say with a shaky, high voice. My eyes gazed at my mom's side as I put on my watch. My mom grabbed my hair, a slight sting ran across my head. I grab her hand with a tight grip.

My mom looked at me with delight. She dropped her whip, a sharp sting filled the right side of my face. A burning feeling quickly followed the sting as she let go of my hair. She stared me dead in the eye and turned around.

"Just follow me." My mom commanded. My body mindlessly followed after her, we walk past her whip and walk down the stairs. We turned to the left and walk down the hallway. I stared at the back of my mom's head. My mom turned towards a random door and turned the knob. I follow her into the room. I was instantly blinded by a bright light. I heard the soft crunch of grass underneath, the warmth of the sun hit my skin. I instantly take out my umbrella and hold it over my head as my eyes adjust to the light. I nervously stare at my skin waiting for anything to happen. Surprisingly, my skin didn't burn up. I stretch out my arm out of the umbrella's shadow. My mom looked over her shoulder. "The sun is fake here. You don't need that here."

I put my umbrella back into my Inventory and look around. I found myself in the middle of a dense forest. I notice that the door we just walked out of was no longer around. I look towards my mom. "Why are we here," I ask in a more commanding tone. My mom rolled her shoulders and stared me down.

"Nuxiel sent you to me because he was worried you don't have the power to achieve his goals." I nervously took out my spear as my mom widened her stance. My legs shook with fear as smoke began to rise out of her body. The smoke slowly started to engulf the grass and trees around her. Eventually, the smoke formed what looked like a five-foot dome that kept expanding. I felt the pressure of her Soul crush my body.

I already guessed she can't use magic, but how is she able to make that dome? Everyone I've fought only had the smoke cover them by a few inches. I took a step back as the smoke slowly crawled towards me. Maybe this is part of her power? I bit my lip as the smoke stopped growing. I doubt it is. I aim a Wind Arrow towards her face. My mom remained unfazed as the arrow crashed into her nose. The arrow dispersed but didn't leave a scratch on her.

My mom wiped her nose and looked down at her hand with a confused face. She looked up at me.

"Did you just do something?" I said nothing as I took out a pebble and threw it at her. I snap my fingers, a huge ball of fire engulfed her, the smoke remained. I use the wind and launch my spear in my mom's direction as the flames began to die out. My mom stood still, my spear flew straight towards her eye. She quickly grabbed it and snapped it in half before suddenly making it disappear. I quickly form Winter Rose again and let it float by myself.