IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU

Chapter 50

Friday, January 10, 2014

4:56 pm

(Ivan's POV)

I, Jax, and Qaid stop in the middle of the woods and look around. Qaid looked over his shoulder and to us.

"You think this is far enough?"

Jax shrugged as I flew up. I looked around. The camp looked far, I doubt anyone would come near this place. I float down and land softly on my feet.

"It's far enough." Jax looked towards me and stretched his hand out.

"Can we have the axes now?" I nod as I form two axes in my hand. I hand them over to Jax and Qaid. They both take the axes from my hands with hesitation. I grab my own ax and start heading towards a tree. I wind back my arms and swing at the tree. I wind my arms again and swing.

After a few swings, the tree finally falls down on its side. I walk over to another tree and look at my arms. I sigh as I know that cutting down trees would take a while. I wind back my arms and channel my magic into my arms. I strike at the tree. The tree cut through a quarter of the tree before stopping. I wind back my arms until I think of something. I throw the ax to the side. I use wind slash to make a tiny line. I repeat the process until hieroglyphs were formed from the lines. I take several steps back before snapping my fingers. I cover my face with the arms as bark flew off the tree. I hear Qaid shout in the distance. I look behind me and see him looking at me with a confused face. I shake my head as I turn around to walk to another tree.

I make the hieroglyphs on the tree with Wind Slash. I step back and snap my fingers. I repeat the process a few times until I was out of Mp. I smile as I saw how many trees were on the ground. I look over at Qaid and Jax. They barely cut down three trees. I close my eyes as I felt blood run through my veins. I breathe out as my Mp bar starts to refill. I stare off into the woods as my Mp bar slowly filled up. I blink several times as my Mp bar filled up. I walk up to a tree and start repeating the process over again.

I jump as a strong hand grabbed my shoulder. I look up and see Coach staring at the hieroglyphs I made.

"What are you doing?" He said in a suspicious tone. I gulp as I answer.

"Clearing out trees."

"Why?" Qaid, covered in sweat, suddenly appeared by Coach's side.

"Hi, Coach. Why are you here?" He said as he pushed me to the sides and leaned against the hieroglyphs. Is he hiding it?

"I heard explosions. Usually, when I hear explosions, it isn't good. So can you guys tell me, why I hear explosions from the camp?" Qaid jabbed me in the stomach as he answered.

"Sorry sir, we're just clearing out trees," He pointed to me. "Ivan here wanted to do it quickly." I try my best to not glare at Qaid. Coach rubbed his chin as he stared at me.

"Why are cutting trees?" Before Qaid could answer, I tap his shoulder and respond.

"To make a lake."

"A lake?"

"Yeah." Coach stared at me like he wanted more information. I bite my lip as I tell give more information. "You know, for a plumbing system." Coach stared at me with a look that said that he didn't believe me.

"Ivan, can I speak to you in private?" I looked at Qaid as he looked back. He tilted his head in the direction of Coach. I look back up at Coach. I nervously nod. He nodded back and walked in a random direction. We took a couple of random turns until we were near the border of the camp. I looked up at the wall in wonder. How did they build this? It's got to be at least a few miles tall. The buildings here can barely stand, and yet they can build this? Weird.