Chemistry is fun

Chapter 30

Wednesday November 27, 2013

7:05 am

(Ivan's POV)

"You can't stop me!"

"Put the rocks down!

I reluctantly get up and reach for the wall. I feel around for the handle until I remember that I was back in the Fujin cabin. I wish I could be in my usual bed but Anenoid told me to go back to the cabin, apparently it would look suspicious if I wasn't here. The problem is that there are so many people here I don't think it would matter.

"No!"  What's even happening? I remove the floor above me and peek out of my bed. I see a boy wearing glasses with blue-eyes behind them; he was standing on the table holding two huge shiny cubes in one hand, and a beaker of water in the other. A girl was standing on the ground a few feet away from her. She had black hair in a pony tail. She took a step towards him and he immediately put rocks in the beaker. The girl quickly spun on her heels while the boy put down the beaker and quickly jumped off the table; he quickly hid under a desk. The people in the cabin slowly started getting out of their holes. The girl removed the floor to a bed and quickly got in. I think I heard her say, "not taking any chances," while getting in.

A bright fire lights up on the top of the water. Oh that's kind of cool, why did the girl not let him do it? I didn't even know fire can start on top of water. In less than a second the beaker suddenly blows up, pieces of glass were sent flying through the cabin. The water exploded out the glass from all sides. I duck and feel droplets of water hit my skin. I slowly peek out the hole and see almost everything covered in water including the roof. What kind of magic was that? 

The boy ran out from behind the desk and out the door while laughing. I slowly come out of the hole and look around. I move the pieces of glass around me with my feet. I notice the leader of the camp come out of his hole and sigh. He did some hand signs and kind waved his hand a bit. The pieces of glass were lifted in the air and were put in one pile. He put his hand in his pocket and took it back out. He walked to the front of the cabin and turned around. He opened his mouth, but quickly closed it. He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a phone, he turns it on and takes a peek. 

"Everyone get up, sadly we have to go to the mines." I heard some people complain as they got up from their holes. What's the point of having mines in this place? I stretch before following everyone already heading out the door. As I walk out the door I take out the map and look around for the mines. It took me awhile but I eventually found it in one of the corners of the map. I roll my eyes as I think about how long the walk will be.

After a short one-hour walk, I eventually got to the mines. The mine was just a huge hole in the middle of the wall, near the hole were some boxes placed neatly by its side. I notice everyone walk over to the boxes, I decided to go along with it. As I got closer to the boxes some people were already opening them, some took out pickaxes while some others took out long sticks of light and lamps. Most took out these weird long rectangles with metal sticking out of them along with these machines that were a cylinder with a red hue covering their arms. What's with the red glow? I look inside a box only to see it was almost empty. The only things left were the rectangle things and one machine. Now that machine was close, it looks kind of big. I notice everyone going into the mine already. Some were tied together by rope. Are we supposed to be in groups? A pair of boys suddenly appear by my side with pickaxes on their shoulders looked inside the box. One of them looked familiar. My eyes widen as I realized he was the kid who put the rock in the water this morning. By his side was a brown-hair kid who was slightly chubby wearing a backpack.