Go away Alice

Chapter 31

Thursday November 28, 2013

8:10 am

(Ivan's POV)

"It's simple, just tell me what O stands for. It's literally one of the first things I taught you" Qaid said. I stare at the floor trying to remember what it stands for.

"Oxygen?" Qaid slowly clapped as he stared at me with a blank expression on his face. 

"Good job, you remember the atomic number?" I think about it for a bit before shaking my head. He  nodded and stood up. "Anyways I have to go somewhere today, see you later." He said as he got up. I nod as we waved goodbye to each other. I look around the cabin, wondering what I should do. There's almost no one here. There were a few people here, but they were way older than me. I stood up and walked out the door. I take out my map and start walking in a random direction. There's the market, but I don't want to waste money. There's also a theater, that sounds fun. I started walking in it's direction slightly excited. I wonder what movies they have.

In the middle of walking I hear someone call my name. I turn around and see Michael speed walking towards me. I put the map in my Inventory and wait for him to catch up.

"Hey, where you going?" 

"To the theater." Michael scoffed at my response. "What's wrong with the theater?"

"It's just people acting, the place doesn't even show any movies." My lips quickly formed a frown. Well now my plans are ruined. "There is a place where robots fight though." My eyes widen as a wave of memories come back to me.

"What kind of robots?" I asked slightly worried. 

"They're just tiny boxes that bump into each other, sometimes they have stuff attached to them. I think one of them had a saw on the front, I really liked that one." I let out a sight of relief. Thank god it isn't the robots I know.

"Where?" 

"Somewhere in the market. I know how to get there though. You wanna go?"

"Yeah sure." Michael nodded and turned around. I quickly walk to his side. I notice a blue hue around Michael as we walked. "What are you doing?"

"Doing the thing."

"What thing?"

"The thing we learned a few days ago." 

"Why though?" 

"My sister told me that using while doing nothing is easy. She told me to use every second I was awake. It's easy though." A jealous feeling formed in my chest. How come he can use it easily? It's tiring to use it for more than a minute.

"How come you can do it easily?" Michael shrugged.

"I dunno, I just think about it, then don't think about it. Then I think about it again, it's weird." That's one of most stupidest things I have ever heard.

"Oh." I replied, not really knowing what to say. Silence fell over us as we walked side by side. Somewhere in our walk Michael's hue faded. He shivered as took a deep breath and did some hand signs. A faint red hue covered him before quickly disappearing. His arms twitched before his arms got bigger a bit. His arms quickly went back to normal as a vein popped out his arms. Oh, that isn't normal. I looked away trying to not think about it, I failed. A chill went down my spine. That must feel so weird, I wouldn't ever want to feel that. "Are we close?"

"Hmm, a few minutes away from the market." I surprised he already remembered the way to the market. It's hard to remember the paths when everything looks the same. We turn a corner, my forehead immediately bump into someone's nose. I cover my forehead with my hand as I took a step back. A high pitched noise came from right in front of me. I look up to see Alice holding her nose. Again? I just ran into her yesterday.