ahhh

A/n: Sorry if it took me a while to write this short chapter, my job has been killing me lately.

Chapter 94

Wednesday, May 29, 2014

5:05 am

My vision was blinded by a screen of white, my vision slowly returned to normal as I sat down on a nearby chair. I rubbed my eyes as I looked up at the man staring down at me. The man nodded with approval as I got up and grabbed the poster beneath me. I put it in my Inventory.

"When you transport yourself do you feel anything funny? Like dizziness, or something like that?" The man asked with curiosity.

"I'm blinded but that's it."

"Do you think the reason you're blinded is that you're moving faster than the speed of light?"

"Maybe? But I don't think I would be seeing white. Anyway, wouldn't my body grow or something similar to that if I went past the speed of light?"

"You're right, your mass would increase if you went past the speed of light." I raised an eyebrow.

"I never knew why that is the case," I responded. The man paused for a moment, he took a while to remember an answer to my question.

"How much do you know about electrons and physics?"

"I just got into Algebra this year," I muttered while avoiding his gaze. I should say I did do Algebra this year, but I know I can't go back to school now. Hopefully, in the future, I can, but for now, I'm a dropout. The man nodded. "Can we talk about my tests now?"

The man turned around and waved in his to tell me to follow him. I got up and quickly followed after him. My stride looked like a limp to everyone else as I walked. It took me a while to balance correctly and walk normally. Now and then I would stumble and almost fall on my prosthetic. The man looked over his shoulder as he led me inside a gray room that looked like a breakroom. The room had a sink, a microwave on the wall, a few tables, and a fridge. On one of the tables was a folder with a bunch of papers inside.

"You're already walking with those?" He said with surprise as he pointed at my prosthetics.

"Yeah?"

"That's impressive, most people need physical therapy to begin walking." He stated as we sat down at the table. He reached over towards the folder and picked it up. "I know this might be a stupid question to you but it's an important one, are you sure you're a demigod?" I narrowed my eyes and stared him in the eyes.

"I'm pretty sure I'm a demigod," I said uncertainly. "Was there something wrong with my tests?"

"There are a lot of things wrong with your tests, a big one is that you compared to everyone else shouldn't be able to have powers." He stated as he opened the folder. "As I mentioned yesterday I have met another demigod, and I don't remember when, but I also did tests on him." The man pulled out two pieces of paper.

Each piece of paper had a human skeleton that showed the circulatory system. One body had only the blood vessels while the other body had what looked like a second set of veins. The man pointed to the body with one set of veins.

"This is yours's," he quickly pointed to the second picture. "This is what your body is supposed to look like according to the other demigod."

"But you've only met me and one other demigod, what if the other demigod is the odd one out while I'm the normal one. We're magic, I don't think we're all the same."

"That is a good point, but from your tests, you're also supposed to have cancer but you're fine." I stared in shock as the man reached for another paper. He quickly looked into my eyes. "We'll get to that later." He quickly said as he put the paper with a body with two sets of veins onto the table. "This is from someone who can Soul," he said as he pointed to the paper. He then pointed to the other body with a second set of veins. "This is the demigod. Everyone I did tests on that could use Soul, also had a second set of veins. And then the other demigod also has a second set of veins." He leaned on the table. "Do you want to know why that is?"