Back to the normal plot

Chapter 60

Monday, January 27, 2014

12:34 pm

(Ivan's POV)

I glare at Qaid and Jax as they fiddled around with various colored dusts in test tubes. I lean back against a tree and put my phone on my lap as they haphazardly flung the tubes all over the grass. A tube fell by my shoe, I pick it up and take a peek inside the tube. Inside was shiny, smooth metal. The metal looked like it was hardened shiny goo. It reminded me of what my slime looked like. I turn the tube in the tips of my fingers and looked for a label. There was a tiny piece of paper taped onto the side of the tube. There were only the letters Ga written onto the paper with a sharpie. It took me a second to realize that Ga meant Gallium. I look over at Jax and Qaid, they were still rummaging around in the test tubes.

"What are you guys looking for?" I ask. Jax turned his head with a tired look in his eye.

"Potassium Chloride," he said before looking back at his tubes.

"Not to rush you but can you guys hurry up? I have to get back to class," I look down at my watch. "I don't have much time before my classes start." Qaid looked over at me with a tired look.

"You might as well just leave, we don't have anymore Potassium Chloride; bring back some Potassium Chloride while you're at it. Maybe bring a camera that isn't on your phone."

"What's wrong with using my phone?"

"I just want better quality when we record."

"Didn't you use the camera on my laptop to record?"

"Yep," he said as he sighed. "We're going to have to record everything again though.

"So all that work that you and Jax did while I was away was for nothing?"

"We got some of our siblings to help. We did something while you were gone." Qaid crawled away from the tubes.

"They're all children though. They won't do much." Qaid stayed silent. "How many days would it take to record everything?" I ask trying to change the topic.

"Probably just one day." His eyes widen as he thought of something. "Can you bring batteries and maybe three projectors? "

"I could try to find some, but I don't know where I'll get the projectors."

"It doesn't matter when you get it, it's not like we have to get it done by a certain time." I quickly remember what Coach said. Maybe he doesn't but I do. I shift around as I respond.

"I'll find some today but give me some time." I grab my phone and put my phone into my Inventory. I get up and stretch. "I'll meet you back at the cabin around eight? Maybe around ten." Qaid nodded as I turned around and walked into the woods.

I look over my shoulder to make sure that no one was nearby. I bring out a poster and drape the poster over my head. I snap fingers, my vision turned white before I found myself back in a bathroom stall with a poster under my feet. I bend down and grab the poster then quickly put it back in my Inventory. I lean against the bathroom stall. I close my eyes and think about Coach. My jaw clenched as I rubbed my back against the wall.

I really should start working on the plumbing system or else Coach will kill me. I don't even know if I can do it in six months. I stop leaning against the stall wall and walk out of the stall. Maybe I can stall for more time? But the quest I got told me I might die if I don't complete it in six months. I walk out of the bathroom with a sigh. I hope that Qaid's idea works. It would help if it works but I don't know if more people would mean that I finish in time. Even if I somehow finish it in time, what would Coach do after? His idea might not even work. I sigh as get off the wall.

I walk out into the school's hall and make my way towards my class.

I should probably start working on it today.

7: 27 pm

I walk into the Fūjin cabin and look around for Qaid and Jax. I found them sitting at a desk with playing cards. I walk over to them and wait patiently by their side. Qaid put down his cards faced down and looked in my direction after a couple of seconds of waiting.

"I got everything, when are you going to get started? I kind of want to finish the plumbing system."

"I rather we take as much time as possible, I don't want us to mess up anything important."

"But if we finish faster we can work on other stuff."

"What would we even work on?"

"Maybe rebuild buildings? Almost all of the buildings are made out of wood except for maybe one or two buildings. With Yokai attack randomly now, I feel like better-built buildings would be safer for everyone."

"We could, but there's a bunch of buildings we would have to rebuild."

"We could do the most damaged buildings first then work from there."

"That's a good idea, but do we even have enough materials?"

"It was just an idea." I quickly say. Qaid nodded and picked up his cards. Jax's eyes drooped as he placed down his cards face down.

"Did you talk to Coach? I want to start everything tomorrow."

"I can talk to him now."

"That would be good."

"I'll take to him right now." I spun on my heel and quickly walked out of the cabin. I reluctantly walk through the roads of the camp and past the Colosseum. I stop at the Colosseum and lookup. Does the camp really need this here? I know that some people are trained to fight, but doesn't it take up too much space? I guess it's for entertainment, but I feel like something else would be better.

I look back down and start walking towards the hill that Coach's cabin was on. I walk up the hill. Coach's cabin came into sight once I reached the top of the hill. I walk up to the door and knock. The door suddenly opened, inside was Coach hunched over at his desk. He looked up, his eyes filled with hate the second he saw me. He held up his hand and got up.

"Don't come inside Ivan." Coach said in a stern, deep voice. I take a step back as Coach approached the door and stepped outside. He closed the door as he took another step. "What do you need?" I stared up at him, his eyes were still filled with hate.

"Me and some other people want to host a movie night for the camp."

"Why?"

"We want more people to work on the plumbing system, we thought that a movie night would be a good way to get more people. to help out." Coach stayed silent for a moment.

"When are you hosting it?"

"We planned on starting tomorrow but we don't know when it's going to be done."

"It's fine, but don't forget about the plumbing system." I curtly nod as a tiny ring rung in my ears. He turned around and went back into the cabin. I sigh as I turn around and start walking back to my cabin.

I have to make Coach trust me eventually.

A/n: I'm sorry for such a short chapter after not posting for a week like I usually do, but I had no internet for a week so I couldn't work on a chapter.