The barn find :)

Chapter 93

Tuesday, May 28, 2014

1:42 pm

(Ivan's POV)

"In order to escape the spider's attack, I had to kill myself in the dream." I said to the man. The man nodded and wrote something down in the notepad. 

"How did you know that you had to kill yourself? Was it instinctual or did something lead you in the dream?" I leaned back in my chair and laid my head back.

"I read somewhere that you wake up when you're about to die in a dream because your brain doesn't know how to simulate what happens after death." The man silently nodded and wrote something down in his notepad.

"And when you woke up, you were in a cocoon with your legs gone?" I bite my tongue and silently nod. "Did the cow show any signs of it showing any sign of intelligence?" I shook my head.

"I don't think so, it just followed and tried shooting stuff at me, it didn't try to set traps or do anything else except follow and try to stab me with its fangs." The man frowned and wrote something down in his notepad.

"Back to the strand of hair, did you notice anything off about it." 

"I remember before I lose unconsciousness, I saw... steam rising out of the hair. I think the spider was using Soul. But I don't know if animals can use Soul." The man smirked before putting away his notepad.

"You do know that animals can use Soul too right?" I looked at him with shock.

"I've never seen an animal use Soul though."

"It's rare, but some can. But they have very simple abilities compared to humans."

"Oh," was the only thing I can respond with. I stared down at my stubs and sigh. I closed my eyes and slowed my breathing. I rubbed my eyes and felt a listless feeling shroud my body. 

"Do you mind if I run some tests on you?" The man said. I quickly open my eyes and stare at the man.

"No," I quickly responded. I thought back to the cow in the forest. 

"I'm talking about blood tests, x-rays, those type of stuff."  The man quickly explained.

"Can I ask?" I asked with a bit of suspicion.

"I want to know if there's a difference between a demigod and a regular human." I stare away from him and stare at a nearby wall. I thought about his offer. I didn't know if I should trust him. I didn't get to see his experiments but I know for sure that he had done some messed up things to animals. I don't know if I can really trust him after he tried making me fight that cow. 

"I'll pay you for these tests." The man said with a bit of desperation. I stare back at him. 

"How much are you going to pay me?" The man tapped his foot and thought about the price.

"Is six thousand good for you?" 

"Four thousand for each test then maybe I'll think about those tests."

"That's a lot of money right there."

"Isn't it worth it though? You don't see many demigods." The man groaned from my response.

"I don't want to pay that much but you are right." The man reluctantly answered. "Honestly you should be paying me when I give you those prosthetics." I frown as the man winced from his answer.

"Well it's not like I want to get prosthetics." I said with a hint of anger in my tone.

The man remained silent and leaned back in his chair. He let out a loud sigh and closed his eyes.