Back at square one

Chapter 82

Sunday, May 24, 2014

1:34 pm

(Ivan's POV)

I look up at my mom as she smiled down at me with a sinister look in her eye. My body shook in fear as I took a step back. I quickly look away out of fear. Goldie took a step forward and stretched out her hand for a handshake. My mom quickly smacked her hand away.

"I wanted to speak to the child, not you." My mom said as she poked her nail into Goldie's chest with every word. Goldie didn't react, she gently pushed my mom's hand away and smiled.

"I'm sorry but," Goldie wrapped her arm around my shoulder and hugged me tightly. My body tensed as my mom looked at me with annoyance. "I just wanted to visit the state. I didn't mean to bother the reunion between you and Ivan." She said with a happy tone. I felt my legs get weaker and weaker as I stood in the presence of my mom. I took a deep breath and gently pushed Goldie's arm off of me.

I don't have to be scared of her anymore, I can defend myself now. I don't know if she has powers or how she knows Nuxiel. I cautiously step in front of Goldie and fake enough confidence to look up at my mom without fear.

"Why do I have to meet with you," I say with bitterness. My mom coldly stared down at me without saying anything. After a few seconds, she suddenly grabbed my hair and yanked my head inside. A dull pain filled my head as I was roughly dragged inside. My mom let go as I stumbled into what looked like a mansion.

I stared down at the red carpet and looked up. I shifted my eyes from side to side, all I found myself in was a long hallway with the hallway opening up to reveal a dining room with a long table with white cloth in the middle of the room. There was a chandler hanging high on the ceiling above the table. The walls were decorated with a bright-red wallpaper with a star-like pattern going across the wall. Goldie walked up to my side and patted my head. My mom walked past us and walked towards the dining table.

I reluctantly follow my mom as she sat down at the very end of the dining table. I notice big, grand stairs behind my mom. The stairs led up to two paths on the left and right. I walk up to the table and stare down at her.

"Why do I have to meet with you," I repeat myself. My mom looked up at me and pointed down towards the ground.

"When you sit down, then I'll tell you." I angrily pull back a chair and quickly sat down on the opposite end of the table away from my mom. Goldie quickly sat down next to my side. Goldie anxiously glanced between me and my mom. My mom leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs. I leaned forward and rested my arms on the table.

"Weren't you going to tell me something?" A loud boom suddenly filled the room. A tall pale man with wrinkles around his cheeks and forehead. The person was holding a large plate in his left palm with wine glasses resting on top of the plate. The pale man first walked up to my mom and put down a wine glass in front of her. The wine glass was filled with a red dark liquid. I smelled a faint smell of iron in the air. The pale man walked over to Goldie, he put down a wine glass filled with an orange liquid with bubbles coming from the top. Goldie picked up the glass and sniffed the liquid. Goldie shrugged and drank the liquid.

The pale man walked over to me and put a glass filled with the dark red liquid in front of me. The pale man quickly walked away with haste. The iron smell got stronger as I picked up the glass and sniffed it. I groaned at the smell, I swirl the glass, the liquid swirled around the glass slowly. I look at the glass and watch as my mom drank the liquid. Goldie smiled as she finished her drink. I cautiously look at the glass and use Inspect.