Why do I hear boss music

Chapter 20

Monday December 22,2012

12:14 pm

(Ivan's POV)

A few moments after the boss was killed my eyes suddenly felt like they were on fire. I quickly close my eyes. The feeling slowly left my eyes. I decide to open my eyes, I barely opened my eyes before the feeling came back. I hear what I presume is Anenoid walking towards me. I feel him put his hands on my cheeks. I try to push his hands away, but he suddenly squishes my face.

"Stay still if you want to see again." Fine then. I sense his fingers hover in front of my eyes; I see a bright light come through my eyelids. "Alright your eyes should be back to normal." I slowly open my eyes; I was able to open them completely. I breathe a sigh of relief. I start to look around the room, instead of it being covered in darkness like earlier the room had some lighting. The floor suddenly begins to sink back into the ground. It wasn't like last time where the floor made me lose balance it actually felt like I was on an elevator this time.

I walk over to the edge. When the ring was close enough to the ground I jump off. Anenoid follows my example. I go over to the rooms entrance, I walked through the entrance. Thankfully the three machines didn't rebuild itself. I drop to the floor; I position myself to that I was laying on my back. Anenoid sits down beside me.
"Hey where do you think the lights come from." Huh?

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well back in the Cerberus room the lights went off. Then when Cerberus died the lights came back on, but I didn't see no light bulbs or anything like that." I look around the room and notice that he was right. The only things in the room were pipes and bodies of the robots Anenoid killed the last time we were in this room.

"Magic?"

"Mmm maybe. It still feels weird to me." Yeah it does feel a little bit weird now that he mentioned it. I'm just happy that I had Anenoid's magic to help me see in the dark. I wish I could do more shadow stuff.

"Hey, can you show some easy shadow stuff? Like that weird thing you did to make me see in the dark?" He starts to stare off into the distance.

"Well it would be hard, especially since you don't know how to control the shadows."

"No, I do." He quickly turns his head in my direction.
"Since when!" Shit. What how do I explain how I learned it.
"After I killed you... it just kind of clicked?" He had a suspicious look on his face.

"Maybe later. I just want to rest right now. Actually, just put me back in the ring, take me you when you need me." I nod my head and absorb him back into my ring. As soon he got absorbed back into the ring a box appeared.

Choose a skill!

Pyrokinesis- The ability to control fire.

Cryokinesis- The ability to control ice and cold temperatures.

Electrokinesis- The ability to control electricity and lighting

Well this is new. I honestly want all of them, wait don't I already have pyrokinesis? Why would it appear here? I think about it for a little bit, I decide to not get it. It would be stupid to choose pyrokinesis. I guess that only leaves cryokinesis and electrokinesis. Cryokinesis sounds fun, but electrokinesis sounds kind of badass. It's so hard to choose! I think cryokinesis would be better. Sure, electrokinesis sounds cool, but I don't think I can do much with electrokinesis. Plus, I can finally see what my attacks are doing, with the wind I'm just hoping my attacks hits my target. It's hard to aim with something you can't even see in the first place. I click on cryokinesis. A box appeared quickly after. The only subskill I could see under cryokinesis was Create Ice. I put the box away, soon I got a notification telling me the quest was completed and that I leveled up five times along with some skills leveled up. Only Physical Endurance, Sprinting, Fly were the only skills that leveled up. I skip checking the items from the quest, I can always look at them later.