Progression?

Chapter 75

Friday, May 22, 2014

6:30 am

(Ivan's POV)

I run a comb through my hair as I stared down at Zacharias, I looked at the bottle holding the orb resting on his stomach. The orb was slightly bigger, but not by much. He was peacefully sleeping on the couch, there was a vinegar-like smell, I wrinkle my nose and move towards him to shake him awake. His body shook, his eyes frantically looked from side to side. He groaned as he slowly sat up, there were huge purple bags under his eyes. He sniffled as snot ran down his nose. He sleepily looked down at the bottle on his chest and picked it up. He hazily stared at me with his eyes glazed over, he let out a pick yawn as he waved at me.

"Heyyyy," I slowly blink at him as I put the comb back into my Inventory. It looks like he survived, he should be able to use Soul now according to Jana. I actually thought he was dead at first, it makes sense that he looks like trash.

"Good morning," I responded. Zacharias held the bottle up to his face, his arm was shaking trying to hold it.

"Uhh, what's this?" I shrug as check the time on my watch.

"I don't know, you made the thing when you passed out." Zacharias wearily smiled.

"So is this my power?" Zacharias placed it on his stomach and leaned in closer. His smile grew wider and wider the more he stared at it. "What do you think it does?" I shake my head in confusion.

"I have an idea. Have you tried... doing anything? I don't know how this works." A thin layer of smoke surrounded Zacharias. He grunted and flexed his muscles in an attempt to keep the smoke from fading. His grunt quickly turned into desperate gasps of air, I could see the gears in his brain turning as he tried to make the orb do anything. The smoke faded as his back fell onto the couch. Sweat drenched his face as he caught his breath. His eyelids drooped. He let out a big yawn. Zacharias tried to stare at me, instead, his eyelids closed. He was still conscious but he was too tired to open his eyes.

"Do you mind, if I, uh, sleep for a bit more?"

"I have school so sure."

"You go to school?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"I dunno, I just thought... I just thought that you would skip doing something else."

"School is just a tiny break from all the fighting and business I do," I said dryly.

"Oh." I turn around and walk away. I heard Zacharias softly breathe, I take my backpack out of my Inventory and start to make my way towards school.

I hope his power is useful to me.

3:58 pm

(Michael's POV)

I raise my club-like weapon over my head and slam the spiked end of my weapon into the ugly human-like creature. Its slanted eyes looked up at me as I swung my weapon at its legs. The creature fell to the ground, I slam my weapon into the creature's head. The creature's body starts to shake as blood ran down the creature's mouth. I pant for air as I rested my weapon on my shoulder. I felt a tight, burning feeling churn in my stomach as I looked at the camp. The wood of the cabins were scratched off, the air was filled with a foul sewer-like smell. There was no one in sight, only the bodies of the Shikome filled the camp.

I look around and looked for any of those deformed ugly Shikome. I lay my weapon on the ground as I grabbed a Shikome's arm and dragged its body near another Shikome. I closed my eyes and sighed before dragging another Shikome to the pile of Shikome. I couldn't help but think about that cave that me and Weiss found last week. I shouldn't have gone down there. I walked over to another Shikome and started to drag its body to the pile.