Introductions

Chapter 26

Monday November 25, 2013

8:38 am

(Ivan's POV)

I walked beside the guy for a long time. Where he was taking me, I don't know. The worse part was that it didn't take a long time because we made a couple of stops, it was he was looking at the pieces of metal in his hands. Eventually we stopped at a cabin that had a strong smell of medicine pouring out of the building. The smell was mixed with a faint fruity smell. The guy looked up and then looked back down at his hands. 

"So what's your name?" The guy said as he walked up to the door.

"Ivan" I responded as we walked to the door. He gave slight nod. The smell of medicine got stronger as we got closer to the door. He didn't bother to look up from his hands as he got closer to the door, he bumped head first into the door. I felt a smirk appear on my face. The door quickly opened to reveal a tall woman wearing pajamas with messy hair going down her back.

"What?" The girl responded. The guy pointed to me before responding.

"Arm wrong." She sighed before stepping out of the way.

"Come in." The inside looked plain, there was nothing that stood out. Just a few desks in the corner and a bookshelf on the side. Unlike the Fūjin cabin, the building was small and there were bunk beds at the end of the building. I notice a cabinet on left side of the door.  She immediately opened the cabinet and took out a bottle of water.  She points at one of the desks and said, "sit." I walk over to a desk and pull back a chair. She walks over with a bottle of pills, with a water bottle in hand. In a bored tone, she asked me a question. "So, where do you feel pain?"

"Mostly my arms."

"Anywhere else?" 

"My torso and head."

She walked over to my left side and put her hand on my shoulders. I heard her mutter, "Not that bad." She grabbed my left hand and stretched it out. She put her other hand under my armpit. "Can you take a deep breath?" I took a deep breath and a pop came from my shoulder. I groaned from the pain. She gently put my arm on the table. In a matter of seconds the pain faded. My arm felt sore, but that was it. There was no more pain. I flexed my fingers with ease. A smile formed on my face.  She stepped to my right and touched my shoulder. She quickly took her hand off and placed her hands on the side of my head. "Brick?" The girl said.

"Yeah?"

"Why did't you tell me about the back of his head." What?

"What's wrong with the back of my head?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it." She quickly said.

"I didn't even know there was something wrong with his head."

"How?"

"I was looking down at him, he was looking up at me. You get the point right?" The girl let out a loud and long sigh before grabbing the bottle of water. She quickly unscrewed the cap and held the bottle in front of my face. 

"Just a sip." I rolled my eyes and grabbed the bottle. As soon as I brought up the bottle to my lips a sweet, fruity taste filled my mouth. The girl quickly snatched the bottle away from my lips. I licked my lips, wanting more.

"The bottle barely touched my lips, why did you take it away?"

"The drink has alcohol." Oh.

"Why would you give me something with alcohol?" She sighed.

"Are you new to camp?" 

"Yeah? Why?" She put the bottle on the table.

"Do you know who Inari Ōkami is?" I don't really care.