The tutorial finally ends

Chapter 40 

Monday, December 9, 2013

??? am

(Ivan's POV)

I open my eyes to find myself on a boat. I look around and get a queasy feeling in my stomach. I haven't had a dream in a while. I don't really notice when I'm in a dream either.  I look out onto the water. There was no land to be seen. I turn around, my eyes widen as I see how big the deck of the boat was. There was a pool in the middle along with some tables and a bar nearby. Is this a yacht? I walk over to the pool. What's the point of having a pool on a boat, just swim in the ocean. 

I suddenly get the feeling that someone was watching me.

I frantically look around trying to find anyone else with me on the boat. I try to pull out Retribution, instead I get a dead feeling in my hands. I try to fly up into the air, my body shivered as nothing happened. I look around and notice a pair of chairs that overlooked the sea. Were they before? I suddenly have an urge to sit down on them. I walk over to the pair and sit on one of them. The sun hit my shined directly in my face. I cover my eyes, it suddenly got a little bit darker. The heat still felt the same. 

I lower my arms and notice another person on the chairs with me. My eyes widen as I see a familiar top hat along with a tuxedo. My body starts shaking as Nuxiel looked in my direction.

"Hello." He said in a deep voice. Please be a dream.

"H-h-ey." Nuxiel sat up with and swung his legs over the chair. His knees came up to his chest. His wings were no where to be seen. He cleared his throat before talking.

"Do you still want to help me kill the gods?" My body tensed as he spoke.

"Y-yes." He gave a slight nod.

"Good, the first thing I need you to do is to gain the respect and trust of most of the demigods in the camp." I silently nod my head. I feel my stomach start to churn as Nuxiel got up. My head swayed from side to side as the boat rocked with each wave. "Do you like the ocean?"

"I gu-" I rush over to the side of the boat and lean over the railing. I feel my stomach empty as vomit came out my mouth. Nuxiel snapped his fingers. The scene quickly changed to the inside of  an airplane. I stomach immediately felt better. It felt more natural being in plane than on a boat.

"I'm guessing you don't like the ocean. How about space?"

"Sp-space is okay."

"Mmm." I get into one of the chairs on the plane. I lean back in the chair as Nuxiel sat right next to me. There was a air of silence of a bit before he finally spoke.

"So which god is your parent?" He said with his voice breaking. I was about to ask why, but I had a feeling I shouldn't.

"Fūjin." I think I notice his eyes tear up the second as I said this.

"Oh." He said as his eyes go back to normal. He sighed as he got up. "It's time for you to go now, I'll talk to you some other time. You still know what to do, right?" I nod and stand up.

"Just g-get the respect at camp, right?" He nodded as he held up his finger and tapped my forehead.

I vision blurred as the world around me started to shift. I fall onto my back as the my vision turned to black.

7:02 am

My body jolts awake. I quickly swing my legs out of my bed and frantically look around. I found myself back in my room. A box suddenly appeared in front of my face telling me I already accepted a quest.