Horrors that are comprehensible

Chapter 92

Tuesday, May 28, 2014

12:28 pm

(Ivan's POV)

"What do you mean something escaped?" I asked in a high-pitched tone. Gunshots rang outside the elevator's door. I felt my head pulse, my vision swirled in my head. The man stumbled backward and slid down the wall. His gun slipped from his fingers as he sat down on the ground. He put both his hands on the temples of his head. He groaned in pain, my head felt like it was being squeezed by an invisible force.

I flinched as the door of the elevator suddenly bent into the elevator. The dent was in the shape of a six-foot, well-built man. Another bang rumbled the elevator, I forced myself to aim my shotgun at the door. Scuttering of what sounded like a roach running across the floor tapped on the elevator door. A huge surge of adrenaline ran through my body as the scuttering got softer and softer. The surge of adrenaline and the tight suffocating feeling in my head faded.

I looked down at the man, he gasped for air as he reached for his gun. My heart pounded in my chest. I stopped breathing, the sound of metal clanging against metal. My ears rang as the sound bounced off the elevator walls. I kept my shotgun aimed at the door, the door shakily stood back up, his hands trembled as he put his tiny gun back into his waistband.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He stared nervously at his phone. The elevator door opened, I stepped out and looked up and down the hallway, I found myself in. The man stayed in the elevator, I heard a whimper come from him. Dust filled the hallway, I look to my left and squinted; wide plates of steel were placed randomly on the wall. I notice a huge chunk of the wall gone at the end of the hallway. Pieces of the wall trailed down the hallway, body parts, and painted the hall red. Most bodies had two huge holes going straight through their chests. Blisters filled their skin, patches of their skin hardened like a rock with puss oozing out of their wounds. Their faces were contorted in pain, foam bubbled on their lips.

I turn towards the man, he put his phone in his pocket.

"What escaped?" I demanded to know. The man shrugged and motioned to come into the elevator. I stood still and waited for him to answer my question. "I don't know what escaped, I'll show you another time but we have to get out of here.

"So I can't see the experiments today?" He shook his head sadly.

"I'm sorry but you can't, I'm willing to sell you the regular animals, but right now it's too dangerous to even be here." I look down to my left, large strands of hair slowly floated down onto the floor. A chill rushed down my spine, I quickly stepped onto the elevator. The man pushed on the elevator's doors, the elevator didn't close, it only stayed quiet as the frantic pushing of buttons filled the silent hallway.

The man quickly pulled out his phone and called someone.

"Get D-" the look on his face hardened. He clenched his jaw as he listened. "What do you mean their -" He was interrupted again. He quickly hung up and turned towards me. "There's a cow I need you to capture, if you can capture the cow, alive, I'll give you fifty: cattle, pigs, sheep, chickens, and donkeys."

"A cow?" I asked. I look over to the bodies laying on the floor, their lifeless eyes staring back at me.

"Yes, a cow escaped while something else breached containment." He had a brave look on his face compared to before. He walked out into the hallway and pointed to the right. "At the end of the hallway, there's a hole in the wall that the cow used to escape. "

"It's a cow, is it really that important for you to recapture it?" The man took a deep breath before responding.

"I have used a lot of materials on this cow, I need to see the results." I stared at him and thought of his offer. At this point, I feel like something is suspicious with this company. But his offer is pretty good. I look over to the side as a quest box appeared in the corner of my vision.