Haven't been here in a while

Chapter 85

Monday, May 27, 2014

12:42 pm

(Ivan's POV)

 I groan as lift my head, I felt around my pockets as I reapplied Illusion on my index finger. I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. I yawn as I close the box that appeared, I felt a slight pain in my stomach as I looked to the side. I stared with wide eyes as I looked with Charlotte with a paper in her hand. 

"You were in my class?" Her expression quickly soured.

"I literally sit next to you." I rubbed my eyes, and stare at the piece of paper and recognize it as the work from today.  I shrug and stretch in my chair. 

"I was too busy taking notes." I responded with a uninterested tone. I crack my neck and lean back in my chair. Charlotte put the paper on my desk. "Why'd you wake me up anyway?"

"Give me the answers." She commanded. She leaned on my desk and pointed to the paper. I pick up the paper and take a quick glance at the questions. 

"We learned this today." I said as I put the paper back on my desk. "I mean I can help you but I won't give you my answers." She groaned loudly.

"I don't want help, I want answers." 

"But if there's a test then how-"

"I'll look up a video later." 

"If you don't want help, then let me go to sleep."

"What's stopping me from just waking you up." I glare at her, stuff my hands into my pockets, then gently put my head on my desk. I ignored her as she started to shake my body. She leaned back into her chair. I heard her pencil strike the paper as she began to work on the paper. "Do you, uh, want to come over to my house for a bit.

I lift my head and stare her her.

"Why would I do that?" I ask with confusion I my voice. Charlotte avoided my gaze.

"I was just thinking, that maybe you would want to avoid your mom for a bit." 

"No thanks?" I said while raising an eyebrow.  "Why would I avoid my mom?"

"You know, with what happened yesterday." She whispered under her breath. I grit my teeth and think back to yesterday when I brought Charlotte back to my mom's house.

"Oh," I respond with repressed anger. 

"You, uh, look better than you did yesterday though." She said trying to lighten the mood. I swing my feet as I tried my best to sit still in my chair. 

"Thank you," I responded as nicely as possible.

I know that Nuxiel wants me to gain her trust but I don't really know how to get along with her. She definitely seems nice though, but we have nothing in common. Or at least I don't think we have anything in common.  I look at Charlotte straight in the eyes.

"What type of stuff do you like?" She stared at me with a confused look.

"Running? I don't know," she said as she shrugged. Her eyes lit up after she was lost in deep thought for a few seconds. "I like... sports." She leaned back in her chair. "Basketball and soccer are pretty fun, I haven't played it in a while though." She looked towards me and laid her head on her desk. "What about you?"

I grit my teeth at her response. Just like I thought, we have nothing in common .I think for a few seconds for response. "Shopping and reading," I responded in a quiet whisper.  Charlotte awkwardly smiled and nodded.