Do your actions really matter?

Chapter 65

Sunday, May 11, 2014

5:54 am

(Michael's POV)

I rubbed my eyes intensely as I walked through the camp. I stopped rubbing my eyes when I arrived at the pavilion. My eyes flickered around the place, there only four people already eating. I felt my lips split apart into a smile as I saw Ivan sitting down at a table. He tapped his left foot rapidly against the ground. His hands jittered around the place, I notice how much of a mess his hair was as lifted a coffee mug to his lips. He quickly gulped down the contents of the mug. He slammed the mug onto the table and ruffled his hair. I notice several dozen coffee mugs scattered around the table. I hesitate for just a bit before walking talking towards him. He stared up at me with his pupils larger than normal, he had a crazy smile on his face. His pupils went back to normal, his hands stopped shaking and his foot halted. He took a deep breath as he got up and grabbed the coffee mugs only for them to disappear into nothing. His crazy smile came back along with his jittery hands.

"Are you okay?" I ask while making sure I was few feet away from him. That smile creeps me out, I don't think I've seen him that happy before. He always looks so serious, him smiling is definitely not supposed to be natural.

"Yeah, yeah!" Ivan yelled as he shook his head up and down. His body shivered as his smile faded and his hands stood still. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"What did you drink?"

"I was drinking coffee." He said with a calm tone. "I meant to only have one cup but I just couldn't." Ivan smiled as he clutched his chest. "I just like the way my it made my body all jittery, the way it made my heartbeat. I just love everything about coffee."

"How many cups did you drink?" I said with concern.

"Maybe fifteen? I've been here for a while."

"Were you up all night?"

"Maybe." He said uncertainly as he checked his watch. He looked back up at me. "I kind of have to go somewhere."

"Where are you going?" I say curiously. Ivan looked nervous. He turned pointed out into the sky. I step behind him and crouch. It was only until I crouched down to his height that I realized that he was pointing to the wall that surrounded the camp.

"I'm going to explore the outside of the camp."

"What's out there?"

"I don't know, could be a desert, a mountain, a forest."

"I thought you already explored outside of camp?"

"No," he said as he shook his head. "I can teleport to places I've been before, but I've never been outside of camp."

"Oh, why are you exploring outside of the camp anyway?"

"I'm just checking what's out there." My heart thumped loudly at the thought of exploring. I couldn't help but smile.

"You mind if I come? I've got nothing better to do." Ivan's eyes flickered to the wall and then to me. He had a nervous look.

"You sure? I'm going right now."

"Yeah, let me just get something to eat first." Ivan let out a frustrated sigh.

"I'll give you something to eat on the way."

6:14 am

I look up at the giant wall. I look over at Ivan. He looked as dumbfounded as me. He walked up to the wall and stretched out his palm. He touched the wall and backed up. He tilted his head as he kept walking backward.